Just got into it with an R1

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald: please post some information about your car. rwhp, torque, etc. - some guys can´t believe what is in the video taped... :rolleyes:

OP
OP
G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald: please post some information about your car. rwhp, torque, etc. - some guys can´t believe what is in the video taped... :rolleyes:

I'm tired of the nay sayers (not you). I even hear at times that some ppl think they are all staged.... :confused: Bench racing and real racing are two different things. On the street is where it's at! :cool: I will NOT mention this on any bike boards as you would not beleive the animosity it creates.

Last Dyno my car make 750rwhp. I tend to think it's hovering right around 780-790 with recent upgrades and when it was dynoed for some reason they shut it down about 500RPM before redline with the graph sharply climbing.

There were no dyno tricks either. Icing intake, icing intercooler, fudging numbers, over spinning blower. Very hot dyno room also with a heatsoaked motor (Driven 1 hour to the dyno facility). Doug dynos all his cars like that so when they get on the street it's a bit more with the COLDER air running over the intercooler and a non heatsoaked motor (we all know a STOCK viper with heatsoak robs precious power). :2tu: [/end rant]

Actually have a 'slow' DLM car, the others would clean my clock. :eek:

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sweet. Your car rips. For what it's worth, I noticed you had two hands on the wheel, good job. Sometimes I'll road test with customers and they stand on it but still hold on like they're cruising. Sounds like he missed a gear in the second round. Put an air shifter on that bike with a little lower gear and he'd probably take the trophy. Tell your gal good job. I just can't get away with those kind of things with mine in the car. dj

OP
OP
G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sweet. Your car rips. For what it's worth, I noticed you had two hands on the wheel, good job. Sometimes I'll road test with customers and they stand on it but still hold on like they're cruising. Sounds like he missed a gear in the second round. Put an air shifter on that bike with a little lower gear and he'd probably take the trophy. Tell your gal good job. I just can't get away with those kind of things with mine in the car. dj

I would agree.. Heck , lets put an automatic in my car while were at! :)

He said he did mess up on that shift and gave up. That's the thing.. My car and bikes are sooo closely matched, it's up to the driver, PERIOD. :)
I Guarantee, put the camera on the mount, drive solo, next run will have more agressive parameters and I would have slowly walked him.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, speaking of your car getting done, it is almost the end of October. You said you were going to get your car by the end of October, How close to being done is it? If it is not finished by now, do you think you will be able to go to the December 7 deal in Texas?
My car would have been done last month if I wasnt such a ******, sorry Doug. Doug's got some brand new tricks in his bag that I am fortunate enough to let him try :headbang: My car will be done withing a month, but December is impossible for me to take off from work, and drag racing is not my cup of tee anyhow :p Dont worry Paolo I plan on driving my car back from Miami and making a few pit stops, one being Chi town if the weather isnt too crapy. I hope you are still game for our little challenge :2tu: No more dyno racing and bench rancing, time to finally let these two super tuner cars go at it :headbang: Now how much do we sell the video for ;)

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont worry Paolo I plan on driving my car back from Miami and making a few pit stops, one being Chi town if the weather isnt too crapy. I hope you are still game for our little challenge :2tu: No more dyno racing and bench rancing, time to finally let these two super tuner cars go at it :headbang: Now how much do we sell the video for ;)

Mike based on Paolo's reputation and results...i'm pretty sure he's game for the challenge :)

:2tu:

Jeff

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that was awesome :headbang: Gerald man sure u know how to drive ur viper :2tu: have fun and be safe

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Experienced driver...in shorts !!! LMAO.
Guy doesn't even position himself properly on the bike.

If only Florida were closer...

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You've got to be somewhat experienced if you're popping wheelies in traffic(a newbie isn't going to be doing that.)

What position was he not in, Yves?

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald, dont know what's up with the bike riders. You could slap them up side the head, rip them a new one and yet they'll say they beat your a$$. Funny stuff lol.
Good kill!!

Max

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Experienced driver...in shorts !!! LMAO.
Guy doesn't even position himself properly on the bike.

If only Florida were closer...
G remember I told you it didnt count the guy was wearing shorts :rolleyes:

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wear full gear and tuck correctly and consider myself a super newbie on a bike, but looking at me you would think I own the road on that bike. I think those guys that ride in nothing but flip flops and speedos are either very stupid or VERY good (or both.)

OP
OP
G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yves, wear your spedo's bro, it ain't gonna make you any faster. Hell , while your at it, go commando and I'll get in on video! :laugh: :confused:

The reason he was wearing shorts is we were both at the gym 2 minutes before the run. We usually ride bikes together and for [******] and giggles since I had my Viper at the gym...... I asked him if he wanted to run.

On every bike board they always say, "He didn't have gear on, that didn't count." Well, I wasn't wearing my Scooby Doo underwear ....

p.s.
Yves, how many times have I told you?.. I think your 160HP bike will eat me alive!!! Big difference that a 135HP R1 vs a 160RWHP R1...What is so F****NG hard to beleive that I trounce bikes that the average rider get 10.5 or so at 135 in the 1/4? ?? The key is STOCK. If ppl start modifying their bikes like you did, I'm out.... E.T. don't mean crap unless your at the strip.

I think most bikes are letting their pride get to the better of them. Heck, I would do the same! :laugh: :laugh:

I'll tell you what? When I get my car back from some upgrades, YVES, I'll race you . I'll take care of the expenses. Looser washes the others video in a too-too while "It's a small world after all" plays in the background. You can't use Nitrous, turbo, big bore kit, nada. Put it back to stock specs with just exhaust, airbox, filter, map. No gearing, etc ...I'll fly you down and your bike.

G

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah baby ! :headbang:

Gerald - I was just messing with you. Peace. No flame intended. Hug ?

From owning both vehicles I know not a lot will beat the R1 below 120 mph. Busas will even have trouble. The only issue is keeping the front wheel on the ground. Above 150mph the bike quickly runs out of steam. I've had my bike up to 195 mph but it was really a struggle to get there. And then on top there is a 6% speedo(meter) error.

The R1 is a racing stiletto. You need to add some corners and kneework to the equation. And in view of the guy's gear (shorts), I just couldn't figure how he would put his knee down in a good corner :confused:
Sorry - I just don't like to see bikers without protection. On one of my roadtrips last summer I saw some squids on Gixxers without a helmet. Think it was in Idaho. Scary...

The too too sounds fun though. Especially in pink. Maybe next VOI ?

OP
OP
G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yves, I'm only kidding back at you man.. I say forget the racing and you're right, lets just go with the Tu Tu's for the helluvit. :laugh:

OP
OP
G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say we need to get more of these SC Viper to haul cameras around. I want to see some other S/C vipers suprise some bikes..

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, I can tell you I will have a production studio in my car. No joke, I just ordered some fish lens for my camera so that I can get both the front and side of the car video'd at the same time. Picking up a cheapo DV cam to point at the back as well, this way I can see my opponent no matter where they are, so long as they are on the right side of the car.

Thing is, my current car has a rollbar that I attach the cool 'Io-Port Camera mount' to, but in the SC'd car, it doesn't have a roll bar, and I don't want to put one in just to mount cameras to it. I need something where I can have two cameras and something that can stay in my car that looks good. Any thoughts? Maybe I need to get something made up that is custom.

Ah yes, I am also thinking of using those bullet cam lens deals -- this way I can practically tale those little things to the seat head and run the cable to the AV inputs of the cameras. Taping is a temporary solution though -- I need something cool and permanent.

Thoughts?

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way, for those of you that have SC'd cars, how many of you have a rollbar in it? Do they impede your vision or get in your way? I LOVE the one I have on my RT/10 as it looks totally stock (to most people.) Inside a COupe, I imagine it looks weird and makes your car look like a race car, right?

Manny

EdwardETraylorIII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald,

Your car is most impressive. I REALLY like the sound of it.

Couple of things - You've got to teach your girl to aim the camers!!! ;) LOL

Second, you wouldn't want to hook up with a little '03 Hayabusa I've got, would ya? Unlike the R1 you raced, I won't be missing any shifts! ;)

YZFaz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as i would like to see you "win" but i didn;t....i don't know the whole truth but R1 pulled little bit away in first run and little bit more in second run and then he just backed off (misshifted,let it off, whatever) and that doesn't count as victory imho....

And still very close acceleration....if there was "more" tuned bike, you'd have no chance...:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wesleyCrowbar