Just got my Paxton installed

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how relaible has the paxton been for you guys say 8-10k miles of witht he blower package?

I had an internal oil seal fail on my paxton after 2,000 miles. They warranted it just fine and now have another 3,000 miles on it with no issues since. I know of two other guys here that have had an internal oil seal failure like mine. I don't know how many miles they had at time of failure or how many miles since repair.

OP
OP
P

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
just got dynod today. made 665rwhp corrected std.

oops, made correction

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
JasonSRTstd.jpg

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like they only ran it up to 5700-5800 rpm, any reason they didnt go to 6k. Are you getting to lean? And was this just the factory tune or did you dyno tune it. Nice numbers !!!!

C.Thomson

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As for reliability, I have almost 14,000 miles on mine. No problems whatsoever.

Tires can be a problem....Rears wear out rather quickly!

OP
OP
P

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
MikeR,

Not really sure about the rpm. that was with the factory tune and stock paxton setup.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. PJJP. The 8.53 pounds of boost with stock pistons may be a little toward the edge of the piston/ring comfort zone. It is beyond the stock kit boost number. You might want to give Mark Jorgensen a call just to bounce it off him.

2. I have the stock kit. I have put over 10,000 miles on the car since 5/06. There have been no problems - other than the intense addiction to acceleration produced by the power.

OP
OP
P

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bobpantax, They guy said the boost could be off by half a pound our so and not to rely on it too much.

05CopperHD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice numbers. But, I reccommend getting an SCT tuning device (only $600) and have it dyno tuned. Especially if you have/or getting aftermarket exhaust. You will see a big difference in the smooth and rapid acceleration. A proper tune makes a BIG difference in driveability. I went from 650rwhp to 682rwhp after 23 dyno pulls to get A/F ratio and timing right.

VC Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thinking of also installing a Paxton in my '06 coupe, but I am getting mixed messages from different installers. One says I need to worry about engine management control, the fuel management unit, heat exchange capacity, and headers. The other says all I will need will be the metal substrate high flow cats and catback exhaust and no headers. Any guidance?

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thinking of also installing a Paxton in my '06 coupe, but I am getting mixed messages from different installers. One says I need to worry about engine management control, the fuel management unit, heat exchange capacity, and headers. The other says all I will need will be the metal substrate high flow cats and catback exhaust and no headers. Any guidance?

basicly, if you leave the car completely stock you can expect to be in the low 600rwhp and high 500 rwtq range.

if you do a full exhaust system and a tune you can get into the high 600rwhp and low 600 rwtq range

a few people have gone above 700 rwhp

if you try the search feature on this site, you will find all the information you need.