Just got my Randomtech 3" Catback and it is..........

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got my Randomtech 3\" Catback and it is..........

Nice! :D

I'm very happy with the quality. I can't believe the difference between the stock 2.5" and 3". I like the crossover and the tips are huge ! I'm currently getting my motor back together so It will be a while before I hear how it sounds. The mufflers are nice too..... but as far as I can tell it's not a quiet system! I'm running cats so hopefully it wont be too loud.
1813DSC00701-med.jpg

Here is a stock(muffler delete) system for comparison
1813DSC00703-med.JPG

Check That out! :2tu:

CO GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Just got my Randomtech 3

I really like my RandomTech X. Sound is great! I like the burble that comes from eliminating the rear muffler. The only drone I get is when I am in 4th gear running at 50mph. Slight change in speed or going to another gear eliminates the drone. At idle, standing in back of the GTS, the low end sound is not just great it is visceral.

badvr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score

here it is installed.

looks and sounds great!

You must be registered for see images

edit: theres the pic

OP
OP
V

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Very Nice! :eek:

Do you have other viper owners asking what setup you are running? It's got to sound mean. I've done some searches on this forum for people who might have posted about the Randomtechs but they're only a couple. I've been wondering why they are not as popular as Corsa,Borla or others. People like their cats.
I see in your pic you are running a trim plate around your exhaust. Did you have too? Are they so big that they are near the edge of the cutout? Just wondering if I may have to do the same.

badvr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score

the sound is deeper than the straight pipes. its not too "droney" but it does sound better than the muffler delete. i plan on deleting the cats for sill discoloration purposes. i believe then, it will sound like i want it to.

i added the trim plate just to be different. it just so happens that i did it at the same time that i did the exhaust. let me say this, if you are planning on doing the trim kit, do it while the exhaust is off. i dont see any way you could get all the bolts in without the exhaust in the way. knock out 2 birds with 1 stone.

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have that exhaust on my 2000 GTS. Belanger headers to RT high flow cats to the RT exhaust with an X-pipe, no mufflers...amazing sound, loud as hell...

I would not change back for anything!

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score

viperrt96 - Is that Randomtech set up a catback or a rear muffler delete? Also, in your picture, it looks like the Snakeoyl muffler delete on the left. Is that correct? I'm going to move my B&B catback from my GTS to my RT/10 (too much drone for me in the GTS), and I'm looking for a new exhaust for the GTS. I was leaning towards Corsa, but this looks interesting. Who has it, and about how much?
Thanks.

OP
OP
V

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gus
It is Randomtechs catback system. The above stock exhaust is not snakeoyl's. It was one that was fabricated from a stock one. I sold it already. I'm including a picture of the mufflers.
1813DSC00708-med.jpg

The mufflers are nice :D
1813DSC00707-med.jpg

Not much there! Funny thing is the mufflers are not marked as to which direction to mount them :crazy: But then again...........
1813DSC00706-med.jpg

I was told it doesn't matter.

And like I said........ I think it's going to be loud ! :D
I bought mine from Mike Adams. If you want his number I'll give it to you.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just had the Wizard put Randomtech cats and B+B cat backs on and DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNN its sounds awsome.Everyone I passed snapped there neck to look at was passing them. (Wizard did his magic)

GoldenVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score

ACR_steve,
I also have 3" Randomtech cats and B&B cat backs with xpipe on my 02 ACR. Its sound is different than the other Vipers because most Vipers in southern VCA have Borla or Corsa cat backs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas