Just installed Belanger Tri-Y Headers, HIgh flows, Catback and 3.73's!!

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip Dan and I'll get hold of Lou Belanger to see if he can come up with a semi quiet version for me but I think many others would like this not so agressive solution also. Lets say if the existing system adds 60HP at the crank, I'd give up 20 of the 60 to have a more agreesive sound than stock but still quiet enough to not get too much attention from the law or get complaints from the one sitting in the passenger seat. And since we're keeping two of the OE cats and the OE exhaust, the cost would be a lot less also. I think Santa is coming to my house soon.....
BTW, hope to see you Sunday.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip Dan and I'll get hold of Lou Belanger to see if he can come up with a semi quiet version for me
Beware, Lou's definition of "quiet" and other people's definition of "quiet" are not the same. When I got my Gen II system 4 years ago Lou said it was the quietest system he ever made. The car is crazy loud. Standing next to it at WOT on the dyno this week reminded me just how obnoxiously loud it is.

OP
OP
L

lbstone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can the Belanger headers be ordered to work w/ two factory cats and stock exhaust? Of course the entire header, highflow cat and Magna flow exhaust will yield more power, but I do not want to draw too much attention from the law driving around here in LA and getting too old for droning exhausts.

An option is to order the pachage without the crossover delete. I think it's actually cheaper then the system with the crossover delete like I have! Also, I would have to try and steer you away from going factory from the cats back, you will loose the big advantage of having a much, much cooler interior and side sills! As far as sound, the car is loud but not more then maybe 20% or so cruising around town. I dont think there will be much more attention from the law then you would already get driving around in a Viper.

Also I saw you post about gears. I would say the 355's are a great choice for the 08! I love the 373's in my 05 and the driveability around own is much improved. I see so many posts about how 1st gear become usless under WOT. I dont know about you but I dont drive around at WOT all day. As far as just driving around, its much improved over stock. I will admit its a bit much to handle under WOT in the first few gears as I found out this past Tuesday. I downshifted to 3rd on the highway in traffic as I moved over a lane on an Interstate here in CT. When I goosed the throttle the back end slid out and I did a 360 in the middle of the interstate during rush hour!!

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will admit its a bit much to handle under WOT in the first few gears as I found out this past Tuesday. I downshifted to 3rd on the highway in traffic as I moved over a lane on an Interstate here in CT. When I goosed the throttle the back end slid out and I did a 360 in the middle of the interstate during rush hour!!

That must have been totally scary!!!
I took my stock 08 today in Montreal, temps in the low 30F, to give a friend his first ever Viper ride and once on the highway going 65mph, I dropped to second and nailed the throttle only to get instantly sideways. He got scared and so did I!
Claude

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took my stock 08 today in Montreal, temps in the low 30F, to give a friend his first ever Viper ride and once on the highway going 65mph, I dropped to second and nailed the throttle only to get instantly sideways. He got scared and so did I!
Claude

Many people have wrecked their beautiful beasts through poor decisions. Why would anyone nail a Viper in freezing temps? I think the root cause would be not having enough respect for their raw power. I hope no other drivers are on the road during these acts of foolishness. I'm not trying to sound like a ***** or a stiff but come on, use some common sense and safety.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I downshifted to 3rd on the highway in traffic as I moved over a lane on an Interstate here in CT. When I goosed the throttle the back end slid out and I did a 360 in the middle of the interstate during rush hour!!

Claude

Many people have wrecked their beautiful beasts through poor decisions. Why would anyone nail a Viper in freezing temps? I think the root cause would be not having enough respect for their raw power. I hope no other drivers are on the road during these acts of foolishness. I'm not trying to sound like a ***** or a stiff but come on, use some common sense and safety.

I have to admit even here in HOT as HELL Las Vegas I have done this manuever. Almost let it get me this morning on our club drive. The trick is knowing how it handle a car when it spins or slides. It can be fun if you can controll it:headbang::drive::headbang:

OP
OP
L

lbstone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have to admit even here in HOT as HELL Las Vegas I have done this manuever. Almost let it get me this morning on our club drive. The trick is knowing how it handle a car when it spins or slides. It can be fun if you can controll it:headbang::drive::headbang:
I was totally caught by surprise as I gave the car only part throttle (about half, hence the tern "goose") in third going about 40 mph! I didn't dump the clutch, drive like a retard, nothing!! I hade a SRT Ram just before getting the Viper and had every bolt on mod short of a supercharger and I NEVER had anything remotly close to this happen even as my stock tires approched 15K miles!! I drove the car a few more times this week and I was extra carefull, espeially on the highway.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You are augering about 25% more torque to the rear wheels with the same throttle deflection as you were with 307s.... BE CAREFUL ! Derek, I dont remember talking TIRES with you, but if your 05 is still running on the OE RunCraps, "Ditch Them before they Ditch you." You will be AMAZED at the traction transformation created by simply adding PS-2 C-1 tires ($1669/set)

Thank you for posting your in-depth analysis of your package. Note: the 3:73 should use a diff cooler for heavy track use, and should have the diff fluids changed on a 'severe service cycle' vs a
standard service cycle.

ENJOY THE RIDE......

OP
OP
L

lbstone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You are augering about 25% more torque to the rear wheels with the same throttle deflection as you were with 307s.... BE CAREFUL ! Derek, I dont remember talking TIRES with you, but if your 05 is still running on the OE RunCraps, "Ditch Them before they Ditch you." You will be AMAZED at the traction transformation created by simply adding PS-2 C-1 tires ($1669/set)

Thank you for posting your in-depth analysis of your package. Note: the 3:73 should use a diff cooler for heavy track use, and should have the diff fluids changed on a 'severe service cycle' vs a
standard service cycle.

ENJOY THE RIDE......
Jon, We never talked tires but I've read more then one thread with negative commments toward the oem run flates. Kinda ***** to get rid of them, I only have 2000 miles on mine. My Tire pressure monitor batterys are dead anyway so maybe I'll just switch to the PSC's when I get the sensors replaced next spring. What a wase to put such a poor tire choice on a Viper!! I'm still undecided on the diff cooler, I have the entire winter to marinate on the idea. I dont suppose you have a PSC's with new pressure monitors and a dif cooler package deal! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine