Just installed my 3' Corsa Exhaust

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just installed my 3\' Corsa Exhaust

Just got back from the shop with my new 3" Corsa Exhaust. Received it on Friday installed it today.

I originally purchased my car with a stock exhaust. Then I replaced the headers with Belanger's and used a Belanger cat back system. On the Belanger cat back system I replaced the rear mufflers with power effects tunable mufflers and then added Borla mufflers under the side sill where the original resonator would have been. Also in the side sill I have a Moroso 4" round spiral muffler near the headers, where the cats would normally go (have no cats)

Being there have been some questions about the 3" Corsa cat back and I'm most likely one of the first to have it installed here are my thoughts.

1. Very impressive chromed tips. They must be 1/4 inch thick, WOW. Much better looking than the factory or Belanger tips.

2. Fit and finish all first class as expected.

3. The sound at idle is hard to describe. Kind of sounds like a motorcycle (maybe 3 or 4 all put together). Defiantly not your typical big block sound. Its about as loud as my prior exhaust with the power effects mufflers in the closed position.

4. The sound at cruse is about the same volume as a stock exhaust without the drone of the stock exhaust. This was the main reason I replaced the exhaust. With the 3" I had before it was loud all the time, which gets kind of annoying at 60-70mph for extended periods of time.

5. The sound at 1/2 throttle to WOT is quite loud. Its kind of hard to tell from inside the car what is actually sounds like outside. But the best I can tell it kind of sounds like a big block V-8 but with not quiet as deep of a pitch. It sounds about the same as my prior exhaust with the tunable muffler in the open position, in terms of loudness and sound pitch.

6. It does have a very nice cracking/poping upon decelerating while still in gear. It just sound very mean, defiantly a big block deep sound. My favorite part of the exhaust sound.

Well that's it. Of course sound is very subjective, but these are my thoughts, with my car, which is all that really matters to me.
biggrin.gif

singlemd4u

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Just installed my 3\' Corsa Exhaust

Would you say there was any horsepower increase over stock? My corsa 3" exhaust just came in thursday but have not had a chance to install it. barry

Reaction score
Re: Just installed my 3\' Corsa Exhaust

Thanks for the post! We have a 3" system on its way right now and will be giving our thoughts on it shortly. Glad you like the sound! I agree with you on Corsa's quality--second to none!