Just took off my cats.

OSUbrew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow is my car loud now. Can't believe the difference. I cut the 2.5" reducers off of my 3" Corsa catback and put some 3" pipe with new 2.5" reducers up by the headers because I plan on getting headers next year and want it all to be 3".

The car drones pretty bad around 2k rpms now. Hopefully headers will fix that. I'm leaning towards Belanger, B&B, or SVSi maybe. Any suggestions? I plan on supercharging eventually.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
The car drones pretty bad around 2k rpms now. Hopefully headers will fix that.
Why would headers help with drone? And you think it is loud now . . . wait until the headers are on.

No doubt it will be even louder with headers and the drone will probably be worse too. Hi-flow cats are in order or maybe another bullet muffler in the side sill and an x-pipe in the rear. I have hi-flows and an X-pipe on my 3" headers/exhaust and pretty much have no drone and it's still plenty loud. Before I put the x-pipe on the drone gave me headaches.
3005TMP10-med.JPG

OP
OP
O

OSUbrew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea i might do that. I don't know how long I can stand it, lol. I thought Corsa wasn't supposed to have drone.

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is VERY little drone with my borla setup and no cats. Sounds AWESOME too. I never cared for the corsa setup, a little too raspy for me.

OP
OP
O

OSUbrew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea i'm thinking about changing the catback. I'll probably go with Belanger. Not too fond of this Corsa although I hear it sounds good with some headers.

Go Fast For Life

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The headers will move the drone up to about 3200 rpms. Should be just about right to tick of the neighbors.

:)

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm catless, running 3" from the headers on. It's LOUD, but I love it! I don't get drone, just nice, muscle car music. It's actually not that loud unless you're getting on it (OK, it's kind of not loud at idle :cool: but when you're really getting in it, it sounds like a full-on race car.

I wouldn't want a cop to see ya when you're at WOT !!

COP: :evilmad:
YOU: :curse:

Cal :hitfan:

sparty116

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Belenger headers, no cats, and Corsa and love the sound.

Real loud when you push the pedal.