K & N airbox

8AVETTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Rick.
I am not sure about the k&n air box, but i think the best and cheapest thing to do is to modify your factory air box, that is what i did to my 01 GTS ACR. check the board there was a post on this not to long ago.

Don

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much about rain, but if someone is driving down the gutterline and sends a wall of water into your NACA duct, lift off the gas and let it idle for a few seconds before proceeding.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I've got a 96 R/T and would like to modify my airbox as per posts, but I don't have an air duct in the front of the hood. Is there an aftermarket mod for this?

Mike S.

Hisser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really on the gen 1 unless you go with aftermarket setup. There is no rain baffle to mod or any real restrictions except all the turns the air makes and the small openings in the front of the air box in front of the fascia.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">For those with GEN II airboxes, an alternative to cutting out the rain baffle completely and riveting in a top plate is to just cut out the back side of the guard (engine side) and then with careful use of a heat gun, soften the remaining plastic in order to flatten it out. A few rivets along the trailing edge is all you'll need to fix it in place. I did it last week (since I tend to avoid driving in the rain) and it works and looks fine...</FONT f>