K&N for GEN III

snakem04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have a k&n intake on a gen III and is it really worth the money. Does anyone really have proof if it works like before and after dynos. I thought the stock intake setup is already pretty good. Can the k&n really be that much better for k&n to claim 14.06hp gain. I ask because i might consider buying in the future. I really would like a polished intake for looks and performance but cant really find any and the k&n look doesnt do much for me i would only buy if the performance was true.

James

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '04 put down 457hp/484tq at the rear wheels with only K&N's this year on a Mustang Dyno. The next closest to stock Gen 3 was 447 hp using green filters. Sorry, I have no before & after numbers, as mine came with the K&N's.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have a k&n intake on a gen III and is it really worth the money. Does anyone really have proof if it works like before and after dynos. I thought the stock intake setup is already pretty good. Can the k&n really be that much better for k&n to claim 14.06hp gain. I ask because i might consider buying in the future. I really would like a polished intake for looks and performance but cant really find any and the k&n look doesnt do much for me i would only buy if the performance was true.

James
Try this site 03-05 Viper SRT-10 RSI Custom Air Induction Kit I have one.

OP
OP
S

snakem04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys. I was hoping to find someong who tested them. All your answers where helpful and canyon707 thats exactly what i was talking about. hows the perfomance?

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's hard to tell if there is any difference with all the power the car has. I currently have the K&N on my car because I have a single bore TB. I am going to upgrade to the BBK which is twin Blade. It's not currently ready for the market but, to be available soon. The Chrome intake is set up for the twin blade and when I install my port matched manifold with the front air diverter it should be nice. I should have it done in a couple weeks.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As cool as this one looks, the stainless would retain engine heat and raise intake charge temps... That is why stock and K&N are plastic.
Good point. I am going to see how warm it gets after running it for a while. Currently have the K&N on the car. I will let you know what I find out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery