K&N intake tube too long for my "06" air box.

Abe Froman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently purchased the K&N intake kit and I’ve found that “New” intake tube is approximately 5/8’s inch too long for my “06” stock air box. The plastic barb on the right side is too close to the stock air box screw and the crankcase vent tube can’t be pushed onto the barb. In order to make it fit I needed to remove the front two plastic thumb screws on the radiator support and slide the box forward the needed +/- 5/8’s inch. When I remove the plastic screws and move the air box forward it now compresses against the hood when its closed, has anyone else had issues? (K&N sent me a replacement intake tube but the dimensions are exactly the same on the replacement as the kit original)

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had no issue with mine. Be sure you have the KN up against the throttle body. From what I remmeber you have to get them almost to touch. Here some photo's of mine. Maybe it will help?:dunno:

You must be registered for see images attach

And Another one

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
A

Abe Froman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shandon, thank you for the Pix. I don’t have the clearance that you show on the vent tube in the 1st picture. I plan on contacting “Parts Rack” today and inquire if I may have received the incorrect kit. Thx for the help… Jeff

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Mine fit's like the above, no issues.

Might be wrong one?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456