Kansas City is great for Vipers because... (photo)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, we have had all kinds of polls over the past couple years on this forum, but I have never seen anybody talk about their own turf. What makes your city/town/farm especially fun for owning a Viper? I'll start. Kansas City is great for owning a Viper because:
  1. <LI>Wide open roads with little traffic
    <LI>Drag racing at local NHRA tracks three times a week
    <LI>Fast cars to compete with, including 11 second Supras, Grand Nationals, etc.
    <LI>Two or more local autocross events every month during the summer
    <LI>Car shows every weekend, over 20 cruise nights a month for different clubs
    <LI>Road racing on 2.5 mile Heartland Park circuit with Porsche Club 3-4 times a year
    <LI>Great local Viper Club which started with 6 members and is now over 35 (and counting)
    <LI>New super speedway opened recently (Kansas Speedway)
    <LI>While the imports don't look as radical, there are some great sleepers
    <LI>You can ALWAYS get the best parking for your Viper (even at the movies)!
<center>
You must be registered for see images
</center>I only wish we had the tuners they have down in Texas and Florida. Now, what makes your area great for owning a Viper?

Chris

Ray R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great shot, Chris!

Sometimes Chris, I think your posts are one of the main reasons I continue reading this board! Always thoughtful and a great asset to our Viper community, that's Chris!

Thanks!

speedshftr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great pic.hey chriss you still collect redlines?did you hear pascal got a second rearloader in pink?hats off your doing a great job moderating

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, Chris...... I'll take a shot at this. The best things about being a NORTH TEXAS region Viper owner and VCA member ARE:

1. Plenty of WIDE open spaces to let those little snakys roam!

2. You can drive your Viper all year round. GREAT weather, especially if you don't mind the occasional little tornado!

3. Texas Motor Speedway..... home to American LeMans Racing, NASCAR and Winston Cup, and Indy Racing League. Oh yea, can't fergit dizzy CART drivers!

4. The Motorsports Ranch..... home to the last two Viper Days Finals.

5. The NHRA drag strip at Ennis, Texas. The fastest "all concrete" track in the U.S.

6. Dallas/Ft. Worth ("DFW") is just about as centrally located as you can get in the U.S. for road trips or flights to other fun Viper events.

7. We got (had) J.R. Ewing!!

8. There is ALWAYS something fun to do in a BIG metropolitan area like DFW. So many car shows you could NEVER get to them all. Bunches of famous race car prep shops, including that of our resident region racing champion, sir Bobby Archer! AND, we have 160+ other members to hang out with if ya get bored!

9. Home of factory Viper Guru Rich Carlson, and his Daimler/Chrysler Training Center. If this was a CONTEST, we would receive 100 bonus points for this stroke of good fortune alone!!

10. Finally...... like the country/western song says..... "God Blessed Texas"!!!!!!!!! If I was some kind of computer ****, I would have added this sound track to my post!!

Next?

RickV2K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wisconsin area.....

1. ?
let me think about this for a sec.
snow?.....nope
all the farms around here?......nope.
nuttin like cruisin around out in the country on an 80 degree day with the top off and runnin into a wall of manure scent.
and friends still wonder why i'm movin to naples, fla.
i'll think of something. i'll check back later.

ViperLSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although I don't own a Viper I have only one reason why the MCVOC = Motor City Viper Owners Club is the best.

1) Birth place of ALL your Vipers.

Thomas

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RickV2K:
wisconsin area.....

1. ?

Let me think about this for a sec.

snow?.....nope

All the farms around here?......nope.

nuttin like cruisin around out in the country on an 80 degree day with the top off and runnin into a wall of manure scent. And friends still wonder why I'm movin to Naples, FL. I'll think of something. I'll check back later.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I used to live in Menomonie, WI..... I've got a few:

The two weeks of Summer!

The great empty roads around Turtle Lake ('cept for tractors).

Lake Geneva (Better when it had the ******* Club
smile.gif
)

Hockey Season!

The two weeks of Summer..... oh, already said that one
frown.gif

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, Here is the Arkansas list:

Lots of curvey roads.... with NO traffic.

Hot Springs (Mid-South Regions Fall Foliage Drive)

The Ozark Mountain roads.

Petit Jean Mountain roads

Queen Wilhamena Mountain roads

NO road salt!

Bill and Hillary (Billary?) no longer reside here

Close to Dallas ;)

Close to Kansas City
smile.gif

Wish we had a good dragstrip, or road course, or oval...

We have a great region taking advantage of the roads we have!

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great shot, great poll Chris

The UK:

1.12 month's of wet weather testing
2. ...........

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
California is best, except:
(A) We have smog laws which make it illegal to swap intake tubes, to say nothing of more serious mods;
(B) The real estate's so expensive that Vipers seem cheap;
(C) Because of (B), the hourly rate for competent mechanics starts around $80/hour;
(D) 92 Octane gas is only $2.31 a gallon, and that includes the power-robbing MTBE or Ethanol they add to aid cold start emissions;
(E) The traffic's so bad that it takes 2 hours just to drive to the closest racetrack.

Other than that, it's ideal Viper territory!