Keep Nitto Invo's, or sell and buy PS2's?

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got wheels with new Invo's coming, and I plan on tracking (road course, not drag) my Viper as well as street-driving. How bad are the Invo's compared to the PS2's in terms of cornering, lap times, etc.?

Is it worth the trouble of unmounting the invo's, buying new ps2's and remounting, and then selling invo's?

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got wheels with new Invo's coming, and I plan on tracking (road course, not drag) my Viper as well as street-driving. How bad are the Invo's compared to the PS2's in terms of cornering, lap times, etc.?

Is it worth the trouble of unmounting the invo's, buying new ps2's and remounting, and then selling invo's?
The Nitto INVOs are excellent on the track. I have used both PS2's and INVOs and they are very similar. I am very surprised how well the INVOs are on the track. I use them all the time!

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
A

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear they do well. I've heard you have to inflate them a little more to prevent rollover, what pressures are you running? I ran my ps2's at about 36-37 hot.

Is that an 08 you are running, where's the pic taken? Love that hood!

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear they do well. I've heard you have to inflate them a little more to prevent rollover, what pressures are you running? I ran my ps2's at about 36-37 hot.

Is that an 08 you are running, where's the pic taken? Love that hood!

I use stock 29psi cold and its perfect.... It is an 08 and its at Sebring...

OP
OP
A

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great, thanks for the input. Hopefully they'll hold up for me as well as they have for you. How is the longevity compared to the PS2's? Are you getting about the same total street miles out of them?

Reaction score
I have not tried the Invos at the road course so I will apologize now for the unsubstantiated comparison. We have mounted and driven on a few sets now and they work very well in a straight line and on the street ride very well, BUT I feel that the sidewalls are way to soft and unsupported for any serious road course work (sorry Neal). The PS2's were on the other hand designed for both and although still not my choice are very good. I like the KUMHO XS more for both and have had them at the track with great success. The tread wear is 180 of course and they will wear quick I think it is worth it though. I run them at 27f/25r cold pressures and get the needed roll over only.

FWIW as a comparison.

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great, thanks for the input. Hopefully they'll hold up for me as well as they have for you. How is the longevity compared to the PS2's? Are you getting about the same total street miles out of them?

I think they last longer then the PS2s. I have about 6 track days on them and 5,000 street miles. I still have about 30% life on the rears too.

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I forgot that Neal uses 19/20 setups so that may be why he likes them, I have only tried the 19/18 set up.

Mark. I have also driven the 18/19 setup, not on a Viper, but on a Friends Z06. They were very good too. Even my friend who is an instructor who is on Hoosiers loved the way the INVOs were for a street tire. Give them a try if you can on the track, when I compare them to my stock 18/19" PS2s it is very impressive. You need to have them at the right PSI and with a few hundred miles on them or they feel like crap!

OP
OP
A

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm, I run the 18/19 setup as well, I wonder how they would work. It sounds like it might be more trouble than it's worth to unmount these things. I may have to take a hit for the team, and try these at a few known tracks and compare my lap times with PS2's.

MJ - thanks for the input. I've heard the sidewalls are not as still on the invo's, too. However, according to this thread more pressure seems to fix it. Not sure what that does to the grip level, though. Any other Vipers out there track the Invo's, and can personally compare it to the PS2's?

Nitto Invo Anyone? - bimmerfest - BMW Forums