Kennys Viper progress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlbertFattal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been reading the "Get more boost from your Roe Blower!" post and I am pretty curious as to what is going on with Kens Yellow GTS? Just a concerned peep in the Viper Nation wanting to know what’s going on. I read the amount he spent on this system, you would expect it to be amazing with great customer service. Also, as a concerned member from a tuners point of view, it’s looking bad for the tuner company to do that to a customer. I hope everything will turn out smoothly pretty fast, I would feel bad (mad too?) if that was my car.

Best of luck to both parties

S

SUN RA KAT

Larry Macedo has my Viper since September 8, 2006 and is correcting all problems with it at this very moment. I'll post what he's done to make it right soon. Thanks.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry Macedo has my Viper since September 8, 2006 and is correcting all problems with it at this very moment. I'll post what he's done to make it right soon. Thanks.

Still trying to chase down the blown fuse?????

BAD68GTO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, it takes me a month to chase down the blown fuse, 160 hours, the entire car could have been reassembled by now! Kenny my friend, I hope you post some good news here as this is looking worse as each day goes by! To all the people that posted saying "give him a chance to make it right" when it should have been right before, this month and still not done is not a good thing by any standard. Larry, I would if I were you and I too am a small businessman, I would buy an AEM if that is what it needs and fix the problem. If he NEEDS it, it should have been in the origional estimate and now we have a year gone by without a driveable car. Sometimes in business we have to eat crow and learn from it and this is not Kenny's fault as I see it. :rolleyes:

Gary

srt10x3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, it takes me a month to chase down the blown fuse, 160 hours, the entire car could have been reassembled by now! Kenny my friend, I hope you post some good news here as this is looking worse as each day goes by! To all the people that posted saying "give him a chance to make it right" when it should have been right before, this month and still not done is not a good thing by any standard. Larry, I would if I were you and I too am a small businessman, I would buy an AEM if that is what it needs and fix the problem. If he NEEDS it, it should have been in the origional estimate and now we have a year gone by without a driveable car. Sometimes in business we have to eat crow and learn from it and this is not Kenny's fault as I see it. :rolleyes:

Gary

Yep. I am sure he has spent the entire month chasing down a single blown fuse.

In fact, I had to send him the manual on his VOM (Volt Ohm Meter) as he wasn't sure how to utilize the continuity function.

But seriously folks, If you do a search on Larry Macedo, or Macedo Motorsports, or talk to or driven any of his vehicle you'll know that he is a stand up guy. There are always two sides to every story, then the side with the documentation. I've dealt with larry through 3 builds (plus 3 repairs from a different Tuner), he is currently rebuilding another SO Florida Tuners debacle (a buddy of mines car).

I suppose every tuner has had his turn in the barrel so to speak. Why pile onto the situation. Let it get resolved. He is fixing the problem. He is not ducking it, saying it isn't his problem, etc.

I'm not saying that this is the case however. I've been in his shop and witnessed :

Customer: "I'd like X and X configuration"
Larry: "I would not recommend that, for the following reasons"
Larry: "I'd go with Y and Y, it is a proven combination, and reliable"
Customer: "But Tuner B said it worked for them and the car puts out monster power"
Larry: "Well, you can make anything put out a lot of power, but is it releibale, will it last, will it be streetable"
Customer: "Well, I'm the customer, I want X and X"
Larry: "You got it, you are the boss, wel'll do X and X"

I've not only witnessed this in person, I've heard it on the phone.

I've seen larry eat jobs because the customers supplied parts that wound up screwing up the job.

I am really supprised that more people have not piped up about how Larry has helped them out, fixed their problem etc.

I also know that Larry answers questions from a LOT of tuners out there.

You all should be ashamed.

Craig

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well put Craig! Larry will always go the extra mile to make things right, even if the problem was not his fault. I have personally seen larry work on other tuners cars because the customers gave up on them. Stuff happens and I fully believe Larry will square away Kenny. Larry is extremely honest and loyal person and will do everything he can, period.

:usa: :usa: :usa:

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said Craig and Mike. Larry has done nothing but GO OUT OF HIS WAY for anything I have asked. My car has performed flawlessly since the day I picked it up. I was sold on Macedo Motorsports when I met Larry at the Columbus V-10 Nationals years ago and watched him support his customers and competetors. I'm sure he will do everything he can to get Kenny squared away.

S

SUN RA KAT

Well said Craig and Mike. Larry has done nothing but GO OUT OF HIS WAY for anything I have asked. My car has performed flawlessly since the day I picked it up. I was sold on Macedo Motorsports when I met Larry at the Columbus V-10 Nationals years ago and watched him support his customers and competetors. I'm sure he will do everything he can to get Kenny squared away.

I've seen Larry in action, too, and he was most impressive working on a non-customer's Viper rather than partying at the Ohio Viper Club's Big Party after the Norwalk Viper Nationals a few years ago. The non-customer became a customer of Larry and much good things to say. This was one of the main reasons I chose Larry Macedo to do my Viper.

Larry is working on his second chance to make my Viper run as he promised it would. I know with all the public scrutiny he is getting that he would not be dawdling in making my Viper the best he can make it. I have no problem with him taking over one full month in making my Viper run right as long as he is really working on it every day and making real progress. Of course, I'd like it back as soon as possible, but Larry Macedo knows that it must be fixed right and I'd like him to be concentrating on doing just that.

Larry Macedo has my Viper since September 8, 2006 and is correcting all problems with it at this very moment. Thanks.

S

SUN RA KAT

The current status of my Viper about one month after Larry Macedo has had my Viper back to correct all problems is my "Viper is currently in running order and we're checking the electrical issue you experienced. We're currently hunting the blown fuse you described which only happens @ the race track. In order to reproduce that scenario, I will need to take the car to the track as well. I believe the PCM is the culprit since it provides the ground for the solenoid. We are trying to figure out the direct cause which could possibly be electrical. Your car is currently on the dyno and I'm going through the process of ensuring everything is working precisely. Thanks!"

In addition to the problem of blowing fuses, my Viper needs to have the reverse lockout restored in the transmission (probably a small adjustment), Putting back on the Random Tech metal subtrate catalytic converters (my Viper sounds great but it is too loud for most policemen and without the cats on the rich 12.0 air/fuel ratio gets the back of my Viper very dirty), most impotantly tuned so that there is no surging and bucking at low RPM (gets much worse at outside air temperatures above 85 degrees), very importantly fix high idle hang up (hangs up at 2,000 RPM for long periods of time), tuning so codes (Code P0171 bank 1 too lean and Code P0172 bank 2 too lean) are no longer being thrown, and idle needs to be adjusted to be the 1,000 RPM the special Macedo Designed Cam requires. There may be more problems that need to be fixed as they are found, too.

Larry Macedo is working on correcting all the problems so I will have the Viper he originally promised me, except it will have "the mid 700's in power" instead of the original "at least the high 700's in power."

I sure hope Larry can get everything fixed right soon because the one year anniversary of him getting my Viper is coming up in early November.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So are you running AEM or VEC2 at the moment? Also, the "reverse lock-out" issue is one that the AEM is known for creating.. so i'm going to guess AEM?

JD

S

SUN RA KAT

So are you running AEM or VEC2 at the moment? Also, the "reverse lock-out" issue is one that the AEM is known for creating.. so i'm going to guess AEM?

JD

As far as I know the problem with the reverse lockout not working probably came from pulling the transmission with the engine late last year when Larry had first got my Viper. I also had him replace my clutch because the original clutch was showing signs of wear and it would be easier to replace it then than later when everything was back in my Viper. We both discovered the reverse lockout wasn't working independently of each other. This was with the VEC2.

Larry said, "As I've stated before in previous Emails, the VEC2 can't, won't and does not control idle speed. Only AEM can control idle speed on a Viper."

I told Larry "I don't care what system you choose to use to get my car running right - VEC2, AEM, or other. If you do choose to use the VEC2, please have the PCM flashed to have the idle be 1,000 RPM."

S

SUN RA KAT

Good info!

So, I ask again... are you running a VEC2 or an AEM?

I'll run whatever Larry Macedo uses to make my car run right. I don't care what he uses as long as it runs right. It looks like he suspects the 1996 PCM he sold me of causing electrical problems and with the VEC2 he would have to have the PCM flashed to give my car the 1,000 RPM idle the special Lary Macedo designed cam needs. My car died before and almost died a lot with the 700 RPM idle of the 1996 PCM this past summer. The AEM does provide an easy way to get the idle adjusted. Whatever Larry uses to make my car run right - really right - with no surging and bucking, no high idle hang up, no codes being thrown, and correct idle for his cam - will make me happy. Since I'm not going to get the "at least high 700's in power" as originally promised, I expect more from the rest of his promises and it's up to Larry to decide how he wants to make my Viper really right since I paid him a total of almost $28,000 back in June of this year for a completed job I thought.

S

SUN RA KAT

Good info!

So, I ask again... are you running a VEC2 or an AEM right now?

I'm running the VEC2 as it was delivered to Larry. I don't know if Larry has changed the suspected bad 1996 PCM or not. I don't know if he plans on keeping the VEC2 or going with the AEM. I haven't asked him those details - all that concerns me is having my car run right and I'm trusting him to do a great job on my Viper and return it to me fully completed soon.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gary

Yep. I am sure he has spent the entire month chasing down a single blown fuse.

In fact, I had to send him the manual on his VOM (Volt Ohm Meter) as he wasn't sure how to utilize the continuity function.

But seriously folks, If you do a search on Larry Macedo, or Macedo Motorsports, or talk to or driven any of his vehicle you'll know that he is a stand up guy. There are always two sides to every story, then the side with the documentation. I've dealt with larry through 3 builds (plus 3 repairs from a different Tuner), he is currently rebuilding another SO Florida Tuners debacle (a buddy of mines car).

I suppose every tuner has had his turn in the barrel so to speak. Why pile onto the situation. Let it get resolved. He is fixing the problem. He is not ducking it, saying it isn't his problem, etc.

I'm not saying that this is the case however. I've been in his shop and witnessed :

Customer: "I'd like X and X configuration"
Larry: "I would not recommend that, for the following reasons"
Larry: "I'd go with Y and Y, it is a proven combination, and reliable"
Customer: "But Tuner B said it worked for them and the car puts out monster power"
Larry: "Well, you can make anything put out a lot of power, but is it releibale, will it last, will it be streetable"
Customer: "Well, I'm the customer, I want X and X"
Larry: "You got it, you are the boss, wel'll do X and X"

I've not only witnessed this in person, I've heard it on the phone.

I've seen larry eat jobs because the customers supplied parts that wound up screwing up the job.

I am really supprised that more people have not piped up about how Larry has helped them out, fixed their problem etc.

I also know that Larry answers questions from a LOT of tuners out there.

Craig

Ashamed of what Craig??? You of all people should understand what's going on here with Kenny's car. Didn't you get hammered by Heennessy??? Product wasn't what you paid for??? Didn't you get pissed and threaten Heennessy??? Didn't you have problems with the trucks you had??? So how is this any different than Kenny's situation?????? He paid for products and services and now his car doesn't run worth a crap!! Ashamed no not hardly.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know what is interesting Brian. Larry continues to help the ones that even publicly put him down. Just like how he offered his suggestions to your tuner about the battery temp sensor ground that was affecting your car (its nice to see how tuners can still work together and help eachother out). Its not like Larry is ducking the problems with Kenny's car.

S

SUN RA KAT

Larry Macedo is working to solve the problems with my Viper. My goal, with his help, will be to post praises here of how he solved my Viper's problems quickly and professionally.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry Macedo is working to solve the problems with my Viper. My goal, with his help, will be to post praises here of how he solved my Viper's problems quickly and professionally.
Kenny, you should be a diplomat.. :2tu:

srt10x3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ashamed of what Craig??? You of all people should understand what's going on here with Kenny's car. Didn't you get hammered by Heennessy??? Product wasn't what you paid for??? Didn't you get pissed and threaten Heennessy??? Didn't you have problems with the trucks you had??? So how is this any different than Kenny's situation?????? He paid for products and services and now his car doesn't run worth a crap!! Ashamed no not hardly.

Two totally different circumstances. I'm not going to take the time educate you in the thread with regards to JH. But I felt a reply was warranted just to prove a point.

Had you been paying attention you would have known that John's business and mine was concluded to my satisfaction and not further discussion was needed on the topic.. Until today, when you felt the need to bring it up again.

This is the exact point and problem with "internet know it alls" and **** stir'er's. People immediately read a situation and assume the have 100% of the facts or just want to jab and poke fun.

In my case, I ASKED for assistance from people to get my issue resolved.

In THIS case, Kenny stated some facts to get opinions, and or update the peanut gallery as to what was going on.

For some reason _people_ felt the need to start dumping on the tuner (Macedo in this case). This problem isn't isolated to Larry, John, or any other tuner. It is a systematic problem with a handful of users that post here and on the darkside that have a need to pretend (or genuinely albeit incorrectly think) they have the solution/answer to the problem at hand. When in fact, they are just dumping on the tuner for the sheer fun out it.

I liken it to kids that like to poke dogs with a stick through the fence.

There are many of you here on the board, that whether your tuner wants you to know it or not has asked Larry for advice on how to fix _your_ car.

The people that I was saying should be ashamed are those that quietly sit by and let the dumping go on, when they know otherwise, and just sit back and enjoy the "feast" so to speak.

Craig

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Two totally different circumstances. I'm not going to take the time educate you in the thread with regards to JH. But I felt a reply was warranted just to prove a point.

Had you been paying attention you would have known that John's business and mine was concluded to my satisfaction and not further discussion was needed on the topic.. Until today, when you felt the need to bring it up again.

This is the exact point and problem with "internet know it alls" and **** stir'er's. People immediately read a situation and assume the have 100% of the facts or just want to jab and poke fun.

In my case, I ASKED for assistance from people to get my issue resolved.

In THIS case, Kenny stated some facts to get opinions, and or update the peanut gallery as to what was going on.

For some reason _people_ felt the need to start dumping on the tuner (Macedo in this case). This problem isn't isolated to Larry, John, or any other tuner. It is a systematic problem with a handful of users that post here and on the darkside that have a need to pretend (or genuinely albeit incorrectly think) they have the solution/answer to the problem at hand. When in fact, they are just dumping on the tuner for the sheer fun out it.

I liken it to kids that like to poke dogs with a stick through the fence.

There are many of you here on the board, that whether your tuner wants you to know it or not has asked Larry for advice on how to fix _your_ car.

The people that I was saying should be ashamed are those that quietly sit by and let the dumping go on, when they know otherwise, and just sit back and enjoy the "feast" so to speak.

Craig

Different situations? Ok you paid for a product/service and it was not as you were promised right? Anything sound familiar? Reread my post I was addressing your "you should be ashamed" post. I wasn't even talking about Larry or Kenny for that matter. Maybe you should be more specific in who your speaking of. Who's dumping on Larry???? Last I checked Larry got paid to build a car now his customer (Kenny in this case)is upset over what he received. How is it that Larry's the victim??????? Your logic doesn't make sense. No one is poking Larry I personally wouldn't care if it was MY tuner or any other tuner out there. No one should go through what Kenny is having to deal with. I mean come on It's taken nearly a year to build and repair the car???? This isn't even my car and it ****** me off. You and others keep talking about "not knowing the facts" well maybe there is more why don't you tell us the facts. Why would anyone deliver the car in that condition in the first place???? See Craig you think I'm buddies with Kenny and on some vendetta to poke Larry. That's where you are wrong. If it was you in Kenny's situation I would be saying the same things. Right is Right and Wrong is Wrong. What is so hard to understand? The guy didn't get what he paid for. All tuners have had problems no one is immune to it. It's how you handle them that matters.
I know a lot of tuners who call each other all the time trying to figure out problems. Don't act like Larry has never called anyone I know better.

As for your poking a dog thru the fence or the [*****] stirer comment. In the David Weaver pully post where this whole thing got started I made the comment that I was having problems with my Underground car that basically I was getting pissed and that they were trying to resolve the problem. Larry then copies and sends a email to Underground saying look what your boy is posting. Would you call that [*****] stirring????? Or poking a dog through the fence???? Funny thing is that I didn't say anything there that I hadn't already told Underground.

Btw, glad Heeennesssy got you fixed up.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know what is interesting Brian. Larry continues to help the ones that even publicly put him down. Just like how he offered his suggestions to your tuner about the battery temp sensor ground that was affecting your car (its nice to see how tuners can still work together and help eachother out). Its not like Larry is ducking the problems with Kenny's car.

Simms I never said Larry was ducking the problem. Who is he helping that has publicly put him down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62