Kid '97 GTS RIP 1999-2001

Status
Not open for further replies.

brett

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Kid \'97 GTS RIP 1999-2001

Hmmmmmm.....We all notice the same inconsistencies, character flaws, and wrong doings....that's weird huh?

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree with what Janni said, with two comments..

First, I think Tony (Vipermad) has stated that Kid was banned by him due to what happened over email. He says Kid was banned because he did not respond to an email Tony sent to him... to me, not responding to an email is not grounds for a banning. I think Tony was a bit upset (personally) at Kid, and banned him to "get back". I don't think that is right. Tony, whether Kid apologizes or not, the right thing to do is to reactivate his account immediately - he needs to be in on this thread and give his side. His reinstatement should be separate from any apology that might come - the two should not be tied together. Any connection between an apology and his re-instatement is NOT in the spirit of this board or the Viper Club, IMO.

Second, I think everyone appreciates the job the moderators do (THANK YOU Joe, Tony, Jay and the rest for your work)... HOWEVER, let's ALL remember that this board is owned BY THE VCA. It generates revenue due to advertising - those advertisers pay due to the number of Viper owners on this board. Therefore this board is just as much mine, and Jannis, and Mumfords, and Kid's as it is anyone else's. There are a LOT of "old timers" weighing in on this thread (all who want Kid back) - and I think it's very, very shortsighted to say it's any less my board or Kid97GTS's board than it is Tony, or JonB, or anyone else's board. This board works because of the people on it. Treat the members badly, and they will leave, and the board will die.

In any case, I think in this case that Tony made a mistake in banning Kid's account. I believe it was probably due to anger due to some personal emails that were trader back and forth. I don't think anyone has ever said that Kid violated the terms of use of this board, and given that, he should not have been banned (and should be reinstated now... like *yesterday*).

Everyone is weighing in on this issue... rather than arguing about it one more second, let's REINSTATE HIS ACCOUNT at once - can we do that for now? At the VERY least, Kid should be allowed to weigh in on this issue... Tony is able to share his side, but the other party isn't. Kid, I want to hear what you have to say about this.

My 0.02...

brett

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Snake, that is one of the lamest posts I've seen. Did you read the thread or just jump on the bandwagon. Secondly, before you comment on somebody's "writing" skills you may want to check your grammar and spelling. I would "pray" that you are under 10 since most people know the difference between then and than before that age. I refuse to waste time on rest of your post so I'll give you some simple advice. If you are going to contribute it would be nice if you attempted to have a point.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Amazing how much "internet whining" is going on here. This is better than Hannity and Colmes!

This isn't really a "public" board. It is not operated by the government with public funds(taxes). It is a private board supported by private funds that allows the public to access it. If the users of this board are abused, the private sector will no longer support it and it will dry up. The First Amendment should not apply here. The board should be able to do whatever they want.

A "public" board would be government run and would raise our taxes to continue to operate "for the children." The First Amendment applies here.

Tony, do whatever you want.

For the record, I saw that Tony mistakenly told Kid that it was moved to Off Topic when I saw it in Performance. I'm glad I didn't post a correction or I'd be stuck watching tv right now instead of this!
You must be registered for see images

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chuck, I agree 110% with the statement that this is not a government funded board, therefore, one cannot state that the first amendment applies. I am not informed on this topic as most of those who commented are, so I will simply state that I don't believe that those who run this board should ban *paying* members of the VCA, but I do believe a certain amount of discretion should be used when posting.

Clint

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score

YO KID!!,

You can come to my discussion board and be a moderator!!

It don't pay well but you will never have to delete a post.

JEDI,
Http://btrviper.com

"If we had some ham we could have some ham and eggs, IF we had some eggs!"

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chuck,

Bear in mind that this board is "owned" by the VCA, and the VCA is really owned by it's members. If there was no VCA, there would be no Viperclub.org. I strongly believe any and all VCA members have a right to be treated fairly here.

Tony, you are a real stand up guy for restoring his account... it takes a big man to reverse a decision he made, especially in front of a crowd like this. Let's hope Kid comes on here and posts and you two can work this out
With all of us watching

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Brunton:
Chuck,

Bear in mind that this board is "owned" by the VCA, and the VCA is really owned by it's members. If there was no VCA, there would be no Viperclub.org. I strongly believe any and all VCA members have a right to be treated fairly here.

I still think we need to give Kid his account back.... does anyone here disagree?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are somewhat on the same page here Mike. However, more than the "right" to be treated fairly, members have the right to keep their money and no longer support the board if they don't like it. Try that with the public school system.

As for Kid, sure. (green bouncy guy)

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is now somewhat related to this post - how do you get that green bouncy guy to show up?

Should I ask Viperbrat? She can post pictures!

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Entertaining thread - a refreshing break from tubes and filters - and a good call at the conclusion, Tony (insert thumbs up icon). You're a better man than me - I'd still be windmillin'.

BTW - Welcome back Van Kid.

BTW 2 - This is really all D. School's fault. (insert smiley Caldwell icon).

BTW 3 - I still sorta think of this site as Jay's cause he was the guy who invited everyone over after the C&D site went nuts.

PMUM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kid \'97 GTS RIP 1999-2001

I just got an email from a friend of mine saying that Kid'97GTS (Chris) just got the lifetime ban from this board. It turns out that when he (along with everybody else on the board) was blasting "Driving School" for what could've been the dumbest post ever created he might have gone a little too far.

*Disclaimer*-this is the story I got, so moderators, please don't give me the lifetime ban for sharing this. His story is that after the post got pulled (still nobody knows why), he sent an email to Vipermad 'asking' why it got pulled. Vipermad didn't appreciate the tone of the email and told him he needs to apologize to Vipermad or he would get the ban. Needless to say, he didn't apologize and is now banned for life! His computers can't log in anymore.

I'm sure Vipermad has an entirely different story, and I'd like to hear it. I have a hard time understanding how somebody who has been a great contributor since the days of the old (and still better) board can get banned for not apologizing to the moderator. Also, any conversations Vipermad didn't like took place over private email, not on the board.

Is this what it's come to? I think WE the VCA members and active posters should have the right to chime in whether or not somebody gets the lifetime ban. This is ridiculous. If he's thinking about banning somebody why doesn't he post his reasons and as for a public concensus on what we should do? I'm sure I'll get the lifetime ban and be forced to buy a router just because I brought it up. So, I am pre-apologizing for bringing this up, so hopefully I don't get the plug pulled on me.

I think this is a serious subject that has to be addressed. Most of us have created friendships with people that we've never met because of this board and Kid'97GTS was one of the rare people who's posts were very entertaining.

Most of us are VCA members and should have the right to be able to speak freely without fear of Vipermad reprisal. Kid'97GTS didn't do anything that I saw that would warrant that kind of treatment. I think we're all owed an explanation.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tenney:
...after the C&D site went nuts.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You were there too? Who are/were you?

Other random thoughts and observations:

When I saw this thread was 3 pages long, I also thought about the popularity (5 pages) of the unpopular '03 Viper pics. (Everything about the car has grown on me EXCEPT those wretched side air extractors!)

Methinks this board doth be moderated with excessive fervor at times. I think KID should be reinstated.

Tony has said 4 times or so that HE wasn't responsible for pulling the posts in question, but did lock KID out. So the questions in my mind are: who pulled the posts; and, why won't they "'fess up?"

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OK! OK! I admit it!! I pulled the D*** posts! Little did you know but I am a twelve-year-old hacker that used my profits from breaking in the Schwab site and stealing stock shorting tips to buy my Viper. Just think, another 4 years and I'll be old enough to drive it; then I can make manly posts like a lot of the folks here!

brett

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The Kid is dead, long live The Kid! I think his original post was a **** comment. If he was banned without a warning or consensus he wasn't far off! Doesn't the heading under this section say something about light hearted discussion? If ViperMad is moderator of this board...I guess we play by his rules or he takes his as well our toys and runs home. So be it, but I know I personally get e-mails from a lot of people on this board that enjoy our banter, but I also get "thank you" e-mails from those that I have given useful info to. I know that Mumford and The Kid get these "thank you" e-mails as well. If we need to play by childish rules...we won't. If we use abusive language our posts should be banned, but we don't! I for one am not looking to get banned from this board and will continue to help when I can as well as throw in a little "slam" when I think it is deserved....this is a fun board. Grow up, laugh a little! If you don't like what's posted say something, or simply don't read anything we post.....it really is that simple!

brett

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey BigsViper I believe it...after all, you seem to be able to pull the proverbial rabbit out of the hat when it comes to the bouncing green smiley faces!

Tenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dean, I was GordoClvs or something close (was my wife's aol handle at the time). Didn't post a ton but remember AVIPERGUY, JPH, Viperjay, Ivanho, GaryL, Oh2beSenna and that one lady who was married to a rich guy who hated Vipers - forgot her name. Oh, and that Fernando guy. I actually liked the site (and R&T) because it was a simple format that was arranged by marque, quick to navigate, and easy to blow past the posts you didn't want to read. Jay's original VCA format still stands as the benchmark, though, IMO.

On the Gen 3. Oddly, I didn't mind it when I first saw it but it has actually lost some visual appeal to me as time has past (only seen photos, though). Have hopes the coupe will be better.

Tenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Troll -

True, this is a Viper enthusiast site, but it's also the Viper CLUB site. Here is where you may want to refer to Jon 98gts' homeowners association analogy.

PMUM

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think it's funny how quick this degenerated. But if you look back at how it started, the real problem was Kid'97GTS getting banned. I'm sure Vipermad didn't delete the post, but he did ban Kid forever for merely joking that he should join MENSA. No worse than the idle insult Vipermad slung at me. If Vipermad got banned today for such a small 'crime' I'm sure some of his friends would ask why.

Kid couldn't come in and ask why because he was banned. Granted, there are far worse things that can happen to somebody and probably far better things to do with a Monday, but it still ***** to get the ban for something so trivial. Nobody was looking for Vipermad to apologize; we were just looking for an explanation and a reinstatement of his ability to post. Apparently, Kid's privileges are reinstated so that should take care of it.

I think the one thing that became apparent during all of this is how strongly people react when posts get deleted and people get banned without explanation. The "Monterey Heads" post is a good example. I'm pretty sure Vipermad was too busy today to bother removing that one, but was it really that bad? I think whoever removed it (and the other one) should at the very least leave an explanation as to why it was deleted. This thread was probably the most popular new thread for one day ever. That should tell you guys something.

Tom Friend

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't understand what all the hysteria is about, and I don't care. Please, don't anybody try to explain it to me- I still won't care. Tony- you and all the other moderators do a fantastic job of keeping this board on topic. Most of the newsgroups I frequent take <u>HUGE</u> amounts of filtering to get through the BS and idiot posts. On the VCA board, I can be assured that the majority of the posts relate to the Subject At Hand. Most of you with your undies in a twist have no idea how valuable that can be. Please moderators, do not change anything.

Although I'd like to hear more about this year's drawing car. (In a new thread please!)

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Now that's the ticket! Let's keep the Viper Discussion area related to Vipers! I hope all have had time to vent, discuss and digest all the above posts. They are ALL valuable, and we (moderators) always respect all your opinions...but it's time to go back to what's really important. Our VIPERS!

I hope everyone will understand that I'm locking this thread as even Howard Stern's topics can get redundant after a while! If you would like to pick this topic back up (please say no).. I guess the appropriate place would be in the off topic forum, or better yet, just stick to e-mails.

Now, let's get back to the raffle car..... hmmmm, I understand the color is very, very special......and never was an offered color ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456