KILL SECTION

Reaction score
This is a great idea BUT people will abuse it. I remember on Ls1.com they had kids logging on just to post that their 84 omni with 1100 HP killed an F40 or their civic with coffee can exhaust schooled a pro street camaro. . . then there was trash talk back and forth. . . I think there would be a lot of junk . . . People like to hype these sections up to see what peoples reactions are. They may as well have a "I slept with your wife section"

BUT (and I mean butt. Like the big butt that the fat lady sitting in the 3rd row of the church chior be havin' . . . butt)who knows until we try. They boys can always take it down if it get too crazy.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
This issue has been discussed and the decision was made NOT to initiate a KILL section. 'nuff said.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This board most definatley needs a kill section for those that like to post things in that manner. A broad spectrum of interests would really liven this place up. As it stands now we don't even need a board.. All we need now is a HTML page for
1. Ziano FAQ
2. COMMON ENGINE PROBLEMS FAQ
3. TIRE FAQ
4. Can you drive a Viper Dialy FAQ
etc, etc.

I think MANY more ppl here would like it, but are just afraid to post here 'cuz they are just afraid of the flames.

Flame away!

'nuff said?

Gerald

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kill section??? I couldn't care less.

C'mon Gerald, I act like I'm interested in your kill stories don't I? Isn't that enough?

BTW Ladies night - Ale House - tonight???

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with .... no way. It will be abused, and will turn into a dispute match with all little bull s---t arguments going back and forth. Who needs it? I know I can whoop anything other than another Viper.......HA.
AC

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I vote for a vote....

so if people just post kill stories, which has been done on this board, do the posts get deleted?

Brooks

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With us Kills are soooo common..**...hum...everyday. Go to Pocono and kick around some cars from Maranello...who needs words on a bbs. You know the score.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't get it. I went to a "test & tune" a few weeks back sponsored by a local chev dealer. I took my RT/10 and with no trouble beat all the stock C-5's, so what! My car costs enough more that if i didn't, I should be ashamed. Or is it that, we like to beat up on civics w/o exhaust systems. Hey, why don't we post "I can beat up my little sister!" big deal. It is not news when a dog bites a person, but when a person bites a dog, thats news. We beat a Honda, who cares. If the guy in a honda catches the "Viper guy" sleeping, then misses a shift, thats going to show up on their board, as it should. I vote NO KILLS.

Just go enjoy your cars! Steve

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I know it isn't going to happen, because the issue has been raised at least twice previously and shot down.

However, for the record, I am with Freddie and Gerald on this. A kill section would certainly liven things up around here, and if people don't want to partake, they can just not go to the kill section.

For those who say "Viper kills everyone so who cares," I would argue this is not true. At the drag strip, I have been beaten by a C4 Vette with a 383 stroker motor, I have been beaten by older F-bodies, I have been beaten by supercharged Cobras, etc. etc. There are many other cars (and bikes) out there that can lay waste to our precious vipers; it's really naive to think that just because we have $70K cars, we are the fastest thing out there. Moreover, who says a kill section is only fun if it's a fair fight between us and the competition? Lighten up a little, guys (and gals)!

As I recall, last time this was brought up, the official resolution was "if you absolutely must, post your kill stories in 'off topic'." But now I hear people are getting kill stories deleted by the moderators. Of course, I don't know the details, but it appears kill stories may not be welcome at all.

As a final note, I suggest people check out the Corvette Forum kill stories board. It is just the right balance of kills (on the road and on the track), other amusing stories, witty banter, and smack talking. Sure trolls appear from time to time, but I would argue no more frequently than on this board. I.e., it is pretty rare. There are a number of us on this board who post regularly on the CF kill stories board, and those of us who do would say that it is a far more entertaining board than this. Sorry, but that's the honest truth!

I know many of you would rather read and respond to the FAQ quoted by Gerald above, and I don't mind being helpful either, but it would be nice to have a place where people could relax a little and enjoy some amusing stories! My personal opinion is that the success of a kill section would hinge on the balance provided by the moderators, and the CF proves that it can work and people can be mature enough not to drag the board down while still letting their hair down a little (that comment applies to others who still have hair...
You must be registered for see images
).

Anyway, I know the above rambling is in vain, but I wanted to get my opinion on record once more!

Jim Hodel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Venom, balance is the word I suppose. If someone has had a real drag race against a worthy opponent, or has participated in a Viper Days or other autocross/road course event, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

What I don't want to see are the lame street racing kind of 'kill stories' along the lines of 'He revved at me so I had to show him who was boss'.

Too many to these kinds of posts come with an attitude that I'd hate to see filter into the Viper board. Sure, I don't have to read them, but I do not want our forum to take on the character of the Supra board. The BMW M5 board can also be a little silly. The guys over there are positng stories about beating Maximas, for crying out loud.

Jim

painexpert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are pros and cons to having a 'kill section" and they are too numerous to list here.But after weighing all of the factors I must say that I am in favor of having this section.This is,of course,just my opinion.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, since we're voting
You must be registered for see images

I think we *should* have a kill section. I think this BBS tries to strike a fine line between responsibility, informational content, and fun factor.

This board has become a LOT more dry than it was before. I think a kill section would help that a lot. See the Corvette Forum kill section for an example of how to do it right.

I can see why people would be wary of a kill section, but so far, all of those that have objected are NOT people I have seen participate on the www.corvetteforum.com kill section. The objectioners are basing their opinion on past experience with kids overrunning the board, whereas we know that it doesn't need to be like that (see the Vette board for proof).

So I vote we create one... OR, we rename the "Racing" section to include kill stories. Otherwise they should get posted in the main section, but they should NOT be deleted as they do NOT violate the rules of this board.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude