kn filters questions

mrsantafe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just purchased a 95 viper and has the stock kn type replacement filters in it. Is it worth switching over to the type of filters that attach to the end of intake tubes? If so how much hp difference would i see on basically a stock car? thanks in advance

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't want to add any filters that will be getting air from inside the engine compartment instead of thru an airbox. Those downward sloping tubes with the K&Ns might look cool, but they'd be drawing in HOT air off the radiator.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Followed your link Robbie just for fun.

..I see the Testimonials page is blank
I did not recommend them and have never used them as our shop works on SRT Vipers only. They advertise in the VCA magazine and therefor I had looked them up and gave the link so others could look at them and make their own decision. If you saw a problem with that next time I recommend not clicking on any links I provide our club members that might benefit them.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh really..?

Your link is all but a recommendation.

If previous buyers of a particular product haven't given the manufacturer anything to put in its' testimonials page, than whether or not your recommendation is of any 'benefit' could be subject to question.

..I'll click on whatever links I choose to, thank you.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you were to read what you posted above you would see that the 10 words says " I did not recommend them and have never used them". There for you statement above "than whether or not your recommendation is of any 'benefit' could be subject to question" is meaningless. As far as 'testimonials" are concerned the manufacture can pretty much make any claim he wants and post bogus customers remarks if he wishes and we would not be the wiser. So much for testimonials.
I hope that some of you others did find the information about Viper Air to be of interest and useful as I am always interested in new viper products that come to market and like to share them with our membership when applicable.