kumo tires

SBMIANO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what kinda miles are you getting out of these tires under normal driving conditions?

YLW DRM2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what kinda miles are you getting out of these tires under normal driving conditions?

I got whole 50 miles on my new Kumho tires :)! I love them. The wheel hoop is gone, car responds much better and rear doesn't kick out every turn I take.

QUICK SILVER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got mine last week and they are unbelievable.Sticky as hell,crazy looking and a much better ride.750.00 who cares how many miles ,you can buy 3 sets and still cheaper than most.Oh and they say between 5 and 10 thousand miles .

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Will need a model number on the tires as Kumho makes a few types that fit our cars.

I get just over 10,000 miles on the Ecsta V700s on the back of my supercharged street car.

At the track, if you are fast, you'll want to heat cycle and shave them for max wear.

For most of our drivers, you can drive to and from the track, track the car 5 or 6 weekends and they'll still last 5 to 6,000 miles.

These tires are very sticky, give very good feedback and last a very long time considering their price and performance.

I wish they made them in 345 x 30 x 18.

Dan

deadman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Will need a model number on the tires as Kumho makes a few types that fit our cars.

I get just over 10,000 miles on the Ecsta V700s on the back of my supercharged street car.

At the track, if you are fast, you'll want to heat cycle and shave them for max wear.

For most of our drivers, you can drive to and from the track, track the car 5 or 6 weekends and they'll still last 5 to 6,000 miles.

These tires are very sticky, give very good feedback and last a very long time considering their price and performance.

I wish they made them in 345 x 30 x 18.

Dan

I wish they made them 345/35-18... Like hoosiers do. I would not recommend them for serious tracking in higher temperatures. They stick okay at first but they are not heat resistant. They helped me to do Thunderhill at 2:08 on my second visit to this track but at the end of 2nd day tires were burning, rubber started to separate and they got blisters. For the street though they have excellent grip and for someone not as aggressive on track they will work per description in quote above.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
deadman,

As stated above, if you are fast, you'll want to shave and heat cycle them.

If you are fast, start with full tread and don't heat cycle them on a warm to hot day, you can blister them, chunk them or melt them much like any other tire. I've done all of the before mentioned things to PS2's and Toyo R888's as well on warm / hot days.

The Kumhos are great on the street and very good for most drivers on the track.

Dan

Broch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just got them.. 100 miles so far. Once they warm up, super sticky but still comfortable for street. On the street, they track road groves more which requires more attention to steering.

For whats is worth, they look pretty nice on car. After looking at the wear thus far, the tires will wear at a faster rate IMHO.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got them.. 100 miles so far. Once they warm up, super sticky but still comfortable for street. On the street, they track road groves more which requires more attention to steering.

For whats is worth, they look pretty nice on car. After looking at the wear thus far, the tires will wear at a faster rate IMHO.

Got any pics (front and rear)? on stock 18"?
I ordered some V700's last week. Should show up today. I'll probably put 'em on in the next couple of weeks.

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They do make a 345 it was release about a month ago.

Really now? Did you mean the XS? We're talking about the V700 here. And if they did, I'll shred the 335's I have w/ a few burnouts and then go get the 345's. :drive: Where can I find info on it as 345 isn't listed on Kumho's web site.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Ecsta v710 is available in 345/35/18 and is a DOT approved tire.

Kumho Tire USA, Inc.

The V710's are strictly an autocross tire, don't drive it on the street like a Hoosier R6 or the V700. I ran a set of the V710's on my GT3 before, it lasted 70 runs, and that's 70 runs at 1 minute average each, or 70 minutes. They are softer than even the Hoosier A6's but pick up everything in their track - rock, gravel, stone, metal debris. And even if you just run them on the track only, be sure to tape the wheel well behind the tires, if not, this is what happens ...
You must be registered for see images

Reaction score
The 710 is an awesome tire but not "really" a street tire. They will heat cycle out long before you have a couple thousand miles on them then they are just plain dangerous. The XS's will be a better choice for the street and occasional track duty. They should be shaved though for a dedicated track tire.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 710 is an awesome tire but not "really" a street tire. They will heat cycle out long before you have a couple thousand miles on them then they are just plain dangerous. The XS's will be a better choice for the street and occasional track duty. They should be shaved though for a dedicated track tire.

But, I don't think they offer the XS's in 18" in the size in question. :mad:

Stan Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chip - I am turning your :mad: into a :D with a :drive: that will cause you to say...."Let's Rock!" :headbang:

The Kumho XS is now available in 345/30R19 for the rear and 315/30R18 for the fronts!! :2tu:

Stan

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know several people that drive around on v700 and v710's not one of them will ever consider going back to anything else. Its the next best thing to having pilot sport cups which are not available in 18" viper sizes anymore.

Stan Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly. That's why I went with the V700's 305F/335R. Because the XS doesn't come in 18" 335 or 345.

Stan, that 345R is 19". (back to a :mad:)

:omg: You are correct. I keep forgetting about the rear's being 18" on the Gen2 street cars. OK, here is an idea, 345 in 18" v710. :)

HollywoodGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm running the 710s on the street and love them. Yes do clear bra your wheel wells.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang