Lady Viper owners/drivers...

Scratch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife is kind of giving me the, "your not getting a Viper" attitude. :D
She is use to driving the Vette around and likes it...time to move on though. Looking for some female perspectives on new owners, or any that have switched from Vette to Viper experiences?
She is softening up to the ideal somewhat that (I'm going to get what I want) but she thinks a Viper will be a problem to have or just tooo much appearance wise. Would like to hear what the gals have to say...don't need to look for what to say to her, just your general driving the car thoughts and how you like, or dislikes. Still not sure if it'll be a Gen II or III, also she is 5' 3" ...thanks in advance
You must be registered for see images

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well for starters it's good you said Gen II or III. The early Gen I cars didn't have adjustable pedals and my wife at 5'2 couldn't drive my '93. She could get the clutch in all the way, but then couldn't see over the hood to judge parking distances etc.

My wife too loved my Vette, and it was an automatic. It was a harder transition for her to drive the GTS, but primarily b/c it was a stick. However, I think she enjoyed the extra attention she got driving the Viper by herself. I put a s/c on it 2 years ago and she very seldom drives it anymore. She said the extra power scares her.

We have 4 female owners in our club. I only know of one that posts on the boards, so we'll wait to see what the girls have to say.

Good luck!

V

Venomiss

Vipers are not Corvettes. My hubby had a '63 split when we first married-back when the Romans were building the roads.;) Fun but tough to drive and nothing like todays Corvette.
We picked up our first Viper at the factory(CAAP) and drove it home. A good comparison is like having a new baby. Really got involved with the club locally but that's another story. It was a 2000 black/silver GTS. I taught our oldest son to drive a stick with it-not my hubby.:D Also taught him about the low front end. Carefully.
The pedals were adjutable with a knob. It was not a fluffy car but I loved it.
26,000 miles later it sold and we got an '03.
Now we have an 05. Pedals are adjustable with an electric switch. FUN TO DRIVE!
The brakes and handling are much easier. If you are serious about getting your wife motivated go to an SRT experience with her. It takes a little getting used to but wouldn't want it any other way.

I love the Viper and it is very "user friendly" even for the Mrs. :2tu:

OP
OP
S

Scratch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Current car is a C5 6-speed, she enjoys the shifting, and it is easy for her to just jump in the Vette and go. I'll have to get her into a friends Viper or something and drive...have a feeling she'll swell to the ideal of, instant celebrity status doing that :rolaugh:
I know I like the fit sitting behind the wheel (long cruise/drive may change that). I just don't want it to be an outlet to argue over because I got a Viper, and now she hates the world. I would want her to enjoy also. :eater:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see how your wife would NOT enjoy the Viper--Gen II OR Gen III...to me, it's a work of ART, and just GLORIOUS to own. Good luck with talking her thru this purchase, it's WELL worth the time/effort/money, and there is NO turning back, nor would either of you WANT to!!! ~juli~

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first time she takes the car out by herself she will be hooked for good. Then all you'll have to worry about is the stress you endure while she is out with the Viper by herself.

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife drives 50% of the time. We're the same height so no adjustments. She loves it so much, she's asked for her own. Thanks god she wants a green/tan Gen 1.

toolwench

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When my hubby and I picked up our '03 in CO and drove it to CA, I think I spent more time in the driver seat than he did!

Now that I think about it, I still spend more time in the driver seat than he does, but usually, that's solo.

I'm about 5'4". The seat is all the way forward. The pedals are as close as I can get 'em and I can barely get the clutch to the floor and see over the steering wheel, but I really don't care 'cause I love driving the car so much. I might have to devise some sort of pillow if the seat wears too much, but I definitely prefer the Viper over the C5 we used to have.

The most annoying thing for me is that when I try to drive while wearing high heels, my calf hits the seat when I go to push in the clutch. At least my knee doesn't hit the dash or anything.

Let her drive it by herself and see what she thinks. Having you in the car would be a distraction. I know when my hubby is riding shotgun in any of our cars, I get nervous for no reason and drive ultra-conservatively and have less fun. But when I'm solo, it's just me and the car and usually some traction around corners...usually.

Let her drive it by herself so she can see what you see in the car...

OP
OP
S

Scratch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply's...funny thing, took her out to look at a Viper, it was already gone, but now she fell in love with a Caddy XLR

I had to bring her back to here, show her some pics and compare pics of them both. I don't get it :dunno:

:D

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have owned 6 corvettes, still have one of them. Got my Viper 2 yrs ago, it's definitely a different ride than the corvettes, less 'refined' I would say, more of a beast....reminds me more of my older stingray vettes with the hot feet, brute force, and no amenities.

I'm 5'4" and have no problems at all seeing to drive.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply's...funny thing, took her out to look at a Viper, it was already gone, but now she fell in love with a Caddy XLR

had to bring her back to here, show her some pics and compare pics of them both. I don't get it :dunno:
:D

Have to go with a Viper anyday--HOWEVER---the Cadillac XLR is NO slouch either...that is one impressive vehicle!!! But, the heart always goes back to the Viper, can't beat it. :drive: (Yep, had Corvettes/Z06's, Camaros, Mustangs, Cobras....NOTHING BEATS THE BEAST!!!)
~juli~

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Other than our house, my wife thinks our Vipers are the best things we've ever bought. I have been told that she has left multiple 'snake bites' in various places over the years giving friends a ride.

We have driven all over the country the last seven years averaging close to 10,000 miles per year in six month seasons. 3,000 miles last month mostly on a 9 day trip. The Viper is by far the easiest stick shift car I have ever owned--mainly due to the huge power. It's darn near impossible to stall.

Steve

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My then-fiance/current wife was as excited as I was to get our Viper. We'd fight over whos turn it was to drive. That's how I knew she was the One.

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My then-fiance/current wife was as excited as I was to get our Viper. We'd fight over whos turn it was to drive. That's how I knew she was the One.

WOW!! Do you happen to know where I can find one for me (chick who likes to drive a Viper)? :D

OP
OP
S

Scratch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW!! Do you happen to know where I can find one for me (chick who likes to drive a Viper)? :D
Living that far north, may be tough when this may be the usual daily driver :D

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I must be selfish. My wife doesn't want to drive my Viper - and I like that!

Ted

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know if it had much to do with it but just let my lady friend of 6 mos drive my Viper for a short around town drive. Two days later she told me good bye.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i too got the "you are not getting a viper" from my wife. i went ahead and got it anyway.

i should be single eligible bachelor any day now. :D

would i do it again? HELL-YA! :drive:

OP
OP
S

Scratch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know if it had much to do with it but just let my lady friend of 6 mos drive my Viper for a short around town drive. Two days later she told me good bye.

:omg: rough ride, or what? :D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see how your wife would NOT enjoy the Viper--Gen II OR Gen III...to me, it's a work of ART, and just GLORIOUS to own. Good luck with talking her thru this purchase, it's WELL worth the time/effort/money, and there is NO turning back, nor would either of you WANT to!!! ~juli~

Very well said Juli!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960