Lambo Doors on Viper?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has it been done? is it possible? pictures?

not saying I want to get it done, just was curious.

saw this

http://www.carpartswholesale.com/cpw/dodge~viper~lambo_door_kits.html

thanks,
Jason

:p opcornbucketfull: ;) I did it to my 350Z, but I can't see doing it to the Viper. It's an "import look" in my book, and would look wrong on a Viper.

Interesting that they don't even show the product on the car they're marketing it for. That right there would tell me never to buy the product.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never seen it on a Viper, but have seen it on a couple of Prowlers. I would never do it to mine, but have been told twice "I thought your doors opened vertically" by people. I just explain they are thinking of a Lamborghini, not a Viper

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont even think you could do those on a Viper. The way the door opens, I just cant see it being done.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont even think you could do those on a Viper. The way the door opens, I just cant see it being done.

I saw a Viper at a Hot Import Nights (go figure) once that had the conversion. It's not a true "vertical" door, it's more of a butterfly door because the door has to open horizontally before it can open up. My Z was the same way:

You must be registered for see images

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I stand corrected. I think you would be the first person from this board to actually post that they've seen one done in person. Like you said though, I dont think it would fit the Viper at all. Its an import thing; although I dont like it on any car besides a Lambo or any other car that comes from the factory that way.

KMODStang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Every car that has a lambo door conversion has to open horizontally first simply because the latch has to close horizontally, not vertically. Additionally, most car doors could not move vertically because of the way the door is constructed. The doors on a lamborghini have a slant towards the rear so that they can open perfectly vertically where as most car door gaps are for the most part straight.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Every car that has a lambo door conversion has to open horizontally first simply because the latch has to close horizontally, not vertically. Additionally, most car doors could not move vertically because of the way the door is constructed. The doors on a lamborghini have a slant towards the rear so that they can open perfectly vertically where as most car door gaps are for the most part straight.

Exactly, and in addition, the interior panel of the door sits inside the a-pillar/roofline, so some outward movement is required to get the entirety of the door clear of the a-pillar so that it doesn't hit on the way up.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Exactly, and in addition, the interior panel of the door sits inside the a-pillar/roofline, so some outward movement is required to get the entirety of the door clear of the a-pillar so that it doesn't hit on the way up.

sound's like way to much work to open the door,

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It is. lol... My buddy has them on his SL55 and when you open the door, you have to push it out and then up for it to open "Lambo Style". I just choose to open it the regular way.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LOL...It just takes some getting used to. The struts in the doors on my Z made it possible to lift the door with 1 finger.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a pic of it on a mustang, doesnt look tooo tacky but i still think that it should be saved for lamborghinis.

You must be registered for see images attach

animated:

You must be registered for see images attach

video: http://www.oghabib.com/doorswmv.wmv

I dont know if I should say that looks cool, or say go-go gadget door!! :crazy:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I saw a Viper at a Hot Import Nights (go figure) once that had the conversion. It's not a true "vertical" door, it's more of a butterfly door because the door has to open horizontally before it can open up. My Z was the same way:

I am not a real 350Z fan but that one looks hot.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had a car where the doors open up.Yes it was a Bricklin.No matter what you will get caught out in the rain somewhere,sometime even if you don't intend to and doors that open up sucx big time in the rain.They take too long and you and the interior get a good soaking. GTS Bruce

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
instead of Lambo doors on a viper, they should make suicide doors instead!!!! YA RIHGT.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Bricklin? Scottsdale bought several of them in the mid 1970's and used them as Police Cars. Blue/White. Malcom had some kind of influence. They didn't do so well in the summer heat. Anyway, Lambo doors are also a bit 70's. For the new century - the following:

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Shirley some one has had to have done it by now - but interestingly enough, I can not remember seeing any pictures of one during the 5 years I've been on this site.