Latest Hen----y junk...

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why couldn't we say Hennessey?

Back in the day, Hennessey's rep was such garbage, anytime someone here spelled his name, what showed up on the screen was "*********". This was done so Hennessey got NO advertisement value from this website at all. Ofcourse, the easy way around that was people would just misspell his name on purpose such as "Hennessssey".

With so many trustworthy tuners, why anyone would go to Hennessey is beyond me. I'm assuming most of his business comes from those who only read Road and Track type magazines (which Hennessey is basically referred to as a God in) and have never been here or the Alley.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back in the day, Hennessey's rep was such garbage, anytime someone here spelled his name, what showed up on the screen was "*********". This was done so Hennessey got NO advertisement value from this website at all. Ofcourse, the easy way around that was people would just misspell his name on purpose such as "Hennessssey".

With so many trustworthy tuners, why anyone would go to Hennessey is beyond me. I'm assuming most of his business comes from those who only read Road and Track type magazines (which Hennessey is basically referred to as a God in) and have never been here or the Alley.

That was an amazingly inane policy, because it also helped to protect Hennessey, since when people searched his name, they wouldn't come up with criticism here about him and his products.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, If I want to TT my '08...really, who is THE BEST in the business?

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What is it in the post that says it's a Hennessey setup? Don't get me wrong, I am no fan of Hennessey. I have spoken to him a couple of times and checked him out and didn't like what I found. I wouldn't have him doing any work on my Viper thats for sure. With that being said, the original poster of the thread later indicated that in fact it wasn't Hennessey but joked how everyone thinks it is. If it is him then so be it. But, until that is established by the orignal poster himself, I think it best not to assume and jump to conclusions.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is it in the post that says it's a Hennessey setup? Don't get me wrong, I am no fan of Hennessey. I have spoken to him a couple of times and checked him out and didn't like what I found. I wouldn't have him doing any work on my Viper thats for sure. With that being said, the original poster of the thread later indicated that in fact it wasn't Hennessey but joked how everyone thinks it is. If it is him then so be it. But, until that is established by the orignal poster himself, I think it best not to assume and jump to conclusions.

macidcrook in the Zilvia forum, post #42 says:

"yes its from hennessy i know 480sx wont admit it and thats fine. i work for a viper shop and have no problem telling you guys that it is. we have actully had hennessy send us a few cars to "finish". there xcuse was the customer was closer to us and they were to busy to complete it."

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having been a VCA Member off and on since the clubs inception in the mid 90s i can tell you that back 10 or so years ago a NJ VCA event OFTEN turned into a WHO CAN TOP WHO ***** session as to who was screwed worse by HMS.Unless they were from Texas ALOT OF good trusting people basically were stolen from. It actually happened (people paying for parts and services not getting them.Peoples cars ******* for years at a time with parts from them being removed to use on other MHS projects ect )

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
macidcrook in the Zilvia forum, post #42 says:

"yes its from hennessy i know 480sx wont admit it and thats fine. i work for a viper shop and have no problem telling you guys that it is. we have actully had hennessy send us a few cars to "finish". there xcuse was the customer was closer to us and they were to busy to complete it."

Still unsubstantiated opinion. The guy says he works for "a" Viper shop and not that Viper shop. He too is just guessing and relying on what he knows about Hennessy. Once again, I believe Hennessey is a crook. But, he is not the only one. Someone's reputation does not make him responsible for everything bad. It just means you should stay away, just as I did. Hennessey even offered to send me a plane ticket and show me his shop. I told him a nice shiny shop doesn't guarantee good work so the trip would be pointless. The original poster just needs to say where the original work was done. No liability if what is being said is the truth, even if it is bad.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
those guys wouldnt know a hannessy build from an SVS build.....

not that i would, but im pretty sure i read where its an SVS build from a few guys who would know.

id go to hennssey before SVS.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fact of the matter is that this is all speculation as evidenced in the linked thread. Nobody here can officially say this was a Hennessey build, an SVS build or anyone's specific build. Heck...even the OP on that thread can't specify exactly who did the build. I think this thread, while entertaining, is irresponsible without the facts.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fact of the matter is that this is all speculation as evidenced in the linked thread. Nobody here can officially say this was a Hennessey build, an SVS build or anyone's specific build. Heck...even the OP on that thread can't specify exactly who did the build. I think this thread, while entertaining, is irresponsible without the facts.

You might also have to say then, with all of the seemingly criminal acts that get discussed about Hennessey here and the fact that he is not in prison, that we should step back and say he is respectable until proven otherwise?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might also have to say then, with all of the seemingly criminal acts that get discussed about Hennessey here and the fact that he is not in prison, that we should step back and say he is respectable until proven otherwise?

I think its silly that we're relying on another site's thread filled with speculation, no facts, to bash someone. Heck, for all I know that build could be a Dave666 build.

ViperCr8zy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've heard enough about Hennessey's reputation that I'd only buy one of his products second hand - already built, complete and delivered. That said, there is collector interest in his Vettes. Personally, I think the Hennessey Vipers look terrible with that awful Jay Leno cariacture fascia.

A prominent designer pointed out John Hennessey to me at a VOIX dinner. If he's so hated, why in the world would he come to VOI?