Leaving The VCA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The recent actions of our national leadership disgusts me. I saw the writing on the wall back in early 2011 when they began their power grab but I hoped for the best.

I will not be renewing my membership. I will not continue to support the current regime with my membership dues. I realize I'm just one out of thousands and the loss of my membership dollars won't be missed. However, I will be talking to my chapter officers and lobbying hard for us to split from the VCA. I will also do my best to discourage any Viper owner I meet from joining the VCA or renewing their membership. I will not spend one penny at the VPA nor any other vendor who supports the VCA.

A.K.A. Back In Black on Viperalley.com

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally agree.

I made a motion to our regional President to poll all our club members to see whether they wanted to remain aligned with the VCA. He said it would be discussed
on a conference call on Thursday.

As someone said earlier there are hundreds of members and a lot haven't heard what is going on and won't unless we get the word out to everyone. Until the club is restructured or dissolved and a new club started we need to try to make sure that all funding is cut off. Membership dues alone accounted for over $450k last year.

It would be good if someone, including a former board member or officer had an email listing of all members.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am considering the same action.

If enough of us leave, they'll notice...............the crickets.

and there won't be any money to fight over.

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as the regional execs contact their membership directly to tell them what is going on, at least the members will have a chance to decide.

The regional execs that don't keep their membership up to date about this disaster have their heads in the sand. :crazy2:

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Really - two courses of action - leave as many have already done - or fight to take back our club!

What needs to be done to get to the bottom of all of the happenings over the last month (and couple of years)? What course of action do the bylaws provide to deal with a rogue President/Board - IF that is the case? If those in power have nothing to fear, there should be a call for a special meeting to get to the bottom of this. Sounds too simple - right?

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will renew directly with MCVO. It's all the benefits (even a little magazine) and only about $80. Why pad the wallets of others.

-Tim

dru282

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I have stated in other threads I am one and done. Most awefully run club imaginable. Feel sorry for all you it seems at one time it was a great organization. I am sorry I missed it.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if we all leave, do they get off scott free? Who keeps the millions of dollars of parts Chrysler gave "the club"?

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really - two courses of action - leave as many have already done - or fight to take back our club!

What needs to be done to get to the bottom of all of the happenings over the last month (and couple of years)? What course of action do the bylaws provide to deal with a rogue President/Board - IF that is the case? If those in power have nothing to fear, there should be a call for a special meeting to get to the bottom of this. Sounds too simple - right?

I like that lets fight and take back what's ours. All we have to do is get rid of those D bags (lee & the Marshall's) if they won't leave willingly we will just have to muscle our way back in :cool:

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like the North Texas Viper Club (NTVCA) . Good bunch of guys.

WeaponX81

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like the North Texas Viper Club (NTVCA) . Good bunch of guys.

Thanks and seconded!! Our North Texas group has been growing and doing lots of great events every month for the past couple of years. Us local officers have even more planned for next year... so irregardless of what happens on the national level, we will still be doing our thing like we always have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave