Lee Saunders BTR 750 GETS THE JOB DONE at Atlanta Last Night...............

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm posting for my customer, Lee Saunders as he is not a computer geek, but last night at the SE mini VOI in Atlanta Lee layed down the only 9 second pass of the event with a 9.87 at 142++ MPH!!!.

It was late and I did not hear what other players ran, hopefully they will post their numbers and we can hear more about these "suprize supercars".

For those who don't know Lee, he owns a 97 GTS (Blue and White) equipped with our 750 Plus package. He has ran several 9 second passes over the last year or so, drives the car daily, and will be running this same car today and tomorrow on the Road Atlanta road course! How many other 9 second packages allow the owner to have such versitility? They are only going to change the tires as this car has factory suspension!

I will post Lee's road course results after the weekend. He and his father, Joe are avid racers. They have a garage full of amazing Mopars (at least 25 rare hemi powered cars)and they participate in drag race and road race events with their BTR Viper and Neon SRT-4 just about every weekend, somewhere! They make me proud!

Tom

P.S. Please don't read this as a sales pitch, I'm only trying to convey the excitment forwarded by Lee on the phone to me last night at Midnight! They never post here..ever..but wanted me to share how happy they are with their Viper.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee is a great guy and I know Joe is very excited. Really enjoyed spending time with both of them in BG. It is amazing how simple that car is and can turn the times it does.

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats to Lee he deserves it. Whats cool about Lee is, he just shows how good of a driver he is when he's at the track and NEVER BRAGS about.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

Tom

P.S. Please don't read this as a sales pitch, I'm only trying to convey the excitment forwarded by Lee on the phone to me last night at Midnight! They never post here..ever..but wanted me to share how happy they are with their Viper.
Sales pitch or not congrats,you deserve it Top Gun Tom one of the few tuners giving the best bang for the buck!

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom

Every Event this year you participated in or your Customers you have been in the Consistant 9's Great Job LEE!

Tom Make us proud in Columbus!

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats to Lee! Driving his own viper into the 9's is much more impressive to me, than having a "hired gun" doing it.

Good luck in Columbus Tom, lay some smack on those Vetts for us :laugh:

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee is a great guy....FAST car too. Thanks to Joseph Dell for letting me drive his car. It went a 10.31, 10.28 and a 10.26 in that order. Best sixty was a 1.61. The track was a typical Friday night test and tune slick track (makes Lees pass more impressive!!) There was more left but thats the best driving I could do on that track. FYI, Joseph was on the west coast for work and took the eaaarly AM flight straight to Miami on Thursday morning then they put the FIRST 100 miles on the car on Thursday PM and then did the dyno after that. After that Joseph and his buddy Steven Left Miami at 1 AM Friday morning DRIVING the car 700 miles back to Atlanta. Last night at the strip, Joseph had been up 61 hours straight....he was a tired puppy. Good luck to Roof and Tom and everybody in Ohio.

Surly 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats to you Lee! I met you friday night at the track and was right behind you at staging when you tore off the 9 sec run! I was literally blown away when I saw the lights come on with your low et!

keep up the good work!

Also, great seeing Tony and Joe at the rendezvous! Very impressive runs at the drags!

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Lee great job. I was running Lee in the other lane. I had about 230 lbs of extra ballast as Cudaman was strapped into the passenger seat with me. The starter did not want to let us run, as he said I was too fast to have a passenger. Finally he let us go with the promise that we would not run into the 11's. What made Lee's pass so impressive is that his driving skill allowed his strong car to make that 9 second pass. The track was in terrible shape, maybe the last time it saw VHT was in March. Lee's tires were hazing most of the way and from my perspective the cars rear end looked way light all the way down the track. Superb run Lee!!

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuelman promised not to run in the 11's.... so he ran 12.06 ...no electronics bracket racer he is.... not bad for a "Novice"

Congrats... Lee Saunders could happen to a more humble man....with no hidden agenda other than good times and racing.

Cudaman :usa: aka Ward Reasoner

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuelman promised not to run in the 11's.... so he ran 12.06 ...no electronics bracket racer he is.... not bad for a "Novice"

Congrats... Lee Saunders could happen to a more humble man....with no hidden agenda other than good times and racing.

Cudaman :usa: aka Ward Reasoner

Well said.....Anyone that has met Lee and his dad know very well that you could not find two more down to earth fellow viper enthusiasts.Makes you proud to share the same passion