Lessons learned

FASTRNU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My perspective is probably different since I've never owned a Viper, but from my Corvette experience the reaction to the new design of the C5 was the same as what I've been reading here about reaction to the new Viper design.

Now most folks love the Corvette design, and the cycle will repeat itself again when the C6 comes out.

I love the Gen I and II Vipers, and I love the SRT 10.

Opinion is just that. It is neither right or wrong. It is impossible to debate it. There is no winner.
Dave

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Revver....good move on the deposit...I defected two years ago and traded in the 99 C5...couldn't be happier with the move...come on over to the side that is winning!

singlemd4u

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point REVVER , I had a C4 and was very disappointed when the C5 came out but started liking it as the years went by. My 2001 vetteC5 is great and I'm glad I bought it.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I kinda have a different take on the C4 vs. C5. I know there were a few people not thrilled about the C5 when introduced, but I never heard one say the C4 was better looking. I mean, really... Can anyone say the C4 Vette is better looking than the C5????? Come on.... Therefore, the difference is MANY Viper owners feel the Gen II is better looking than the Gen III. Not to say the Gen III is horrible, but I would feel better if the majority of people felt it was an improvment in styling over the Gen II. I AM 99% SURE THIS WILL NEVER BE THE CASE.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. But what ya'd expect - the guys from my stompin grounds.
laugh.gif

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually prefer the styling of the C4 to the C5. (And I owned a C5 [Z06]!!!) While I prefer the styling of the front of the C5, the rear is just so **** ugly that it makes me say I like the "overall" look of the C4 better.

Anyway, I can appreciate starbuck's original point. For my sense of aesthetics, I like the C2 styling the best, but there's no doubting the overall Corvette package has continued to improve greatly since the 60's.

Two weeks ago, I started to get all weird in the head, and now I'm actually looking forward to getting my SRT....wondering if I didn't make a major mistake in ordering black though....

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I've been wrong before. I guess a few people do/did like the C4 better than the C5, looks wise. But I still think the VAST majority think the C5 is better looking, and thought so then and now. Am I wrong again??? I was really impressed when the C5 came out. I thought it was a vast improvement over the old C4 in every way, including styling. The media flipped when the C5 was introduced. "A ground up redesigned Corvette that was superior in every way", is what I remember reading most - not that I give much credibility to what the rags say, though... I actually think the C4 was the only generation Vette that didn't have stunning styling. C1, C2, C3 (early years) all awesome. Timeless. I don't think the C4 has a timeless design, nor ever will. C5 has a shot, IMHO. C1, C2, C3 (early years) will always be classics. They are beautiful.

My .02

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang