Lets Get Real , DC do something now,, No More IGNORANCE

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark O:
Not like the designer(s)of the VGX/SRT/Camaro/Corvette/Miata/S2000/Stratus ripped off the looks of any other cars.....No, not at all!!!! Besides it's just another ugly clown shoe....nothing like the shear beauty of the SRT.
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Touche!
laugh.gif

Mark, don't you think that picture looks like an Audi TT rear-ended a silver GTS going about 100mph?

Is TVR in the car business or the car breeding business? I should get in on that action... "what would I get if I crossed a Modena with a Yugo?". I never knew it was that easy
smile.gif

And to be fair, the GTS is essentially a copy of the old Cobras - ever see the GTS/Cobra together picture?

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
And to be fair, the GTS is essentially a copy of the old Cobras - ever see the GTS/Cobra together picture?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well,

You be the judge. Yes, I agree with Mike. Although, the new SRT10 looks a lot 'more like' the S2000, than the GTS looks like the Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe. Sorry, had to through that in....
dunno.gif

daytona.jpg

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by onerareviper:

Well,

You be the judge. Yes, I agree with Mike. Although, the new SRT10 looks a lot 'more like' the S2000, than the GTS looks like the Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe. Sorry, had to through that in....
dunno.gif

daytona.jpg

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to agree after seeing that pic.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris,

Do you realize what you've done? MarkO just went outside and shot himself, after realizing he really owns a Corvette rip off!
laugh.gif

Seriously, short of the italian exotics, can we really say there are any truly original car designs out there? Even alot of the Italian exotics look similar... would a non-car person really be able to tell the difference between an EB110, an XJ220, a Ferrari F50, a Vector, an S7, and a McLaren F1? They all have similar configurations and lines.

So the Viper GTS looks like a 70's Corvette... the SRT looks like a cross between a Maranello and a Camaro, the C5 looks like an RX7 on 'roids, and I guess the only truly original designs are things like the 360 and the upcoming GT-40.

Glad we got that settled!
smile.gif

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1bad gts:
JAIME whats up.Give me a call sometime i want to discuss this topic (732)915-8121 .Are you coming next week to see Mike B try to beat Evan (Both are driving my car best time wins )

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I need details! Details! Mike B? What's going on here? I missed this one. I smell a record being broken!
yesnod.gif
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trey,

It's news to me!
smile.gif

1 Bad, I thought you said you were going to give me some notice here? I'll be out of town from Monday for 2 weeks. Can you give me a few dates so I can put it on my calendar ahead of time.

P.S. Trey, thanks for the vote of confidence, but I honestly don't think I am as good as Evan, but I think in 10 runs, I'd give him a hell of a run for his money.. and might just eek out a run better than him.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know Dr. Speed personally, but I do know that his knowledge base and credentials are beyond reproach here.

Don't get so bent, 1BAD.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 Bad, you better go edit your post - you forgot to mention Evan Smith in it.

Here's a suggestion.... change it to

"A week ago I was driving a Mustang Cobra THAT MY FRIEND EVAN SMITH WHO RAN AN 11.77 IN A STOCK VIPER gave to me".

You could also put several "EVAN SMITH IS MY FRIEND" comments at the bottom, and I think the post would be alot more suitable to be a "1 Bad GTS" post!

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Brunton:
1 Bad, you better go edit your post - you forgot to mention Evan Smith in it.

Here's a suggestion.... change it to

"A week ago I was driving a Mustang Cobra THAT MY FRIEND EVAN SMITH WHO RAN AN 11.77 IN A STOCK VIPER gave to me".

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm rolling. I'm on the floor. I'm peeing my pants.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Evan, err, I mean 1 Bad,

I never said the car was stock... I said all along it had smooth tubes which also are not stock. It had the rear muffler removed and was also not stock because of that - if you do a search on the board you will see that I TOLD YOU it had the muffler removed.

As for when my car was STOCK stock, well, it ran [email protected]. I will post the timeslip but I know you will just say it's someone else's slip, or that it was run after my mods, or you will make up some excuse, but I'll post it anyways.

I'm not the smartest guy apparently, but I think 11.76 is still lower than 11.77? Or maybe I am wrong?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang