:D:D

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grüzi Vipergenossen!

Salut les Vipèriens!

Born In Switzerland.

Live in the USA for the last 31 years.

Enjoy the Southern California lifestyle since 1990.

Viper Fanatic For Life........

Viper-Giusi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:) Hey I'm happy to see that we have a national forum for our club.. great !

Giuseppe di Dodo
President VCA Switzerland

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly one month since the last post! :(

Is Switzerland still buried under 3 meters of snow? :confused:

What happened to Global Warming? :rolleyes:

And how about Swiss-American Friendship? :D

Phil :swiss: :usa2:

JacksViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello to Switzerland, looks like you have a couple of us from the USA, that will post to you. How are things going in your part of the world? You must be effected by the fuel prices too, probably worse than us. We're just over $3.00 a gallon right now here in the northeast (Massachusetts), I don't know how that would equal out to Liters and Euros. Seems like the major oil companies are the only ones that are satisfied with the current trends.

What's your Viper membership like over there? Do you plan out weekly cruise's? What types of activities does the club get involved with? How do the cars run in the higher altitudes and do you have to make adjustments to the fuel flow to the injectors?

I like this forum idea. It gives me the opportunity to talk with other people from all over the world. I'm thankful, that most speak and write english or I would be lost. Well I have to go for now, I'm at work and don't want to spend too much time on the computer. Take care and drive safe......:usa:

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Jacksviper!
We have plenty of meetings during the season - the Swiss Viperclub and our club, the German Viperclub. At 7-8 $ a gallon we are a little bit ahead of your gasoline prices... :))) black humor!

Nothing has to be changed for higher altitudes! The car runs fine above 10000 feet!
You must be registered for see images

Have a look at our pictures section:

http://www.viperclub.de/galerie.php

Markus aka ViperGTS

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperGTS,

Many thanks for your post and the awesome picture.

I bet the drive up there must have been a blast! :drive:

When was this picture taken?

I think that I can see only one Gen3 Viper.

And thanks for your photo gallery link, great stuff there too.

One of our SoCal VCA member, Lance K. has a great website with many picture galleries of our activities in sunny Southern California:

http://www.kouchicentral.com/

Benzin prices in Euro/Liter & Sfr/Liter prices in D& CH?

Vielen Dank Markus!:2tu: :2tu:

Das hat ja wahrhaftig Spass und Freude gemacht!:D :D

Philipp aka "Vypr Phil" :swiss: :usa2:

Last edited:
OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks a lot! The Großglockner picture has been taken in 2004. Look into the summer issue of the Viper magazine 2005 - there is an article about the event in Tirol!
The website of LANCE is great!!! Thanks for the link with a ton of excellent pictures!
Markus

ViperGTS,
Many thanks for your post and the awesome picture.
I bet the drive up there must have been a blast! :drive:
When was this picture taken?
I think that I can see only one Gen3 Viper.
And thanks for your photo gallery link, great stuff there too.
One of our SoCal VCA member, Lance K. has a great website with many picture galleries of our activities in sunny Southern California:
http://www.kouchicentral.com/
Euro/Liter $ Sfr/Liter prices in CH & D?
Vielen Dank Markus!:2tu: :2tu:
Das hat ja wahrhaftig Spass und Freude gemacht!:D :D
Philipp aka "Vypr Phil"

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperGTS,

Sehr willkommen!!:2tu:

I will check out the Viper Quarterly you mentioned (I have the whole collection from the first issue printed to the last!):)

Now if we could just get some Swiss Viper Club members to interact on THEIR board......:dunno:

Maybe you can send a word to Lance about his website, he would really and truly appreciate it; his handle here is: 02 Graphite GTS.

Philipp aka "Vypr Phil" :swiss: :usa2:

Last edited:

JacksViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperGTS,
That's a ditto for me too. Great pictures, thank you for sharing them. Do you take the cars out in the snow, or wait for the roads to clear? My car has never been in the snow, and I try to keep it away from the rain too. That's terrible about the gas prices. And, we think we have it bad.
How about you Phil? You don't get any snow out your way, do you?
The photo of my car in the avatar is along the Maine coast in Kennebunkport. The home in the background is that of, George Bush Sr. If, the family is in town, you would never get that close.

Drive safe, and keep posting

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snow? Huh! I had once a little snow going in April to the dealership for service.
That's all.
Usually, the car is in hibernation from NOV-MARCH. 5 looooooooooong months!
I can't imagine driving on snow/ice with the wide tires - no way!

Rain. Yes. We cannot avoid rain in middle Europe.

I will send you a link to a video from the Bavarian Forrest event (NWS)... ;-)

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

Thanks for the plug Vypr Phil ! We are blessed with such great weather year round....but also stuck with some major traffic jams.....so I guess it all evens out. Nonetheless, we love driving our Vipers and getting together with our fellow club members. I take pictures so everyone can share in the experience, we are so lucky to be a part of.

The picture with all the Vipers with snow covered mountains is simply breathtaking!

Take care all !

Lance

graphite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello to everyone in the US and Switzerland. I am not Swiss and I live in Germany but I'm an American. And a member of the Swiss VCA. Being a member of the VCA has really been an experience. We have so many wonderful people in the club I decided to become a member. I am not a typical 'club' person.
It is nice to hear from So Cal. Especially a Schweitzer in America. cool
The GrossGlockner tour was a fun event. The driving is simply breathtaking..especially if you miss your apex in the turn. That is how Yodeling got started in the European mountains. Of course, they were riding mules a few hundred years ago not Vipers. The laws of physics still apply to mules too, however.
Drew

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Drew,

Great to hear from you.

Where in Germany do you reside?

Glad to hear that you are a member of the Swiss VCA chapter, very cool!

Phil :swiss: :usa2:

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad Drew found his way to this forum...:D

We non-Swiss-people, but Swiss-VCA-members have to blow some life in here...will post a link to a video soon. Drew and his daughter Ana and me going to MONACO.

http://www.mrpatent.eu/Markus/Monaco_small.divx

105 MB - right click and save

Last edited:

Tripple-V

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK, I just want to let people know, that the internet is not dead over here, in Switzerland! But to be honest, I discovered this "Regional Forum" ....today..! I usualy "surf" on the main sides of this great site!

So, the Swiss Viperfolks are not dead, not asleep, not covered with snow (at least not yet..), but probbably just a little shy..? well... just until they get into their Vipers..:drive:

Happy hollidays to you all!

Greetings from - guess - Switzerland :D

graphite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It really is nice to hear from you guys. I was getting lonely in the Schweitzer forum. vypr phil and I have the same interests. including lysdexia. I hope Giuseppe will post the results of the VCA meeting in here soon. We(Markus) were in Detroit for the Dream Weekend 19-20 Jan. I live between the Black Forest and Heidelberg. Like Markus said above check out the videos on our German Viperclub website. Drew

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drew, the phone has not rung so far...

Who is "3-V"? Daniel? Edi? ...?

Tripple-V

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi ViperGTS,

sorry for the delay.

If the "3-V" refers to my "Tripple-V", then I'm tho one... Edi :)

I admit, that I'm not easy to reach...sorry. but sending a PM will be the better way. Is any one of you guys goinig to the "Perfektions Training" on the Nordschleife, organised by Sport-Auto this year..?
I plan to go there July 2./3.2008 - will see, if my scedule allowes me to do so... (war bereits im '07 angemeldet & musste schwersten Herzens wieder absagen...:(..)

Let me know, if some of you guys go the the Green Hell...Thanks
Edi