Let's start the talking... where and what VOI 12!

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...just spent 10/29 through 11/01 in Vegas. Saturday, SRT Track Experience at LVMS... Sunday, NHRA Nats at the Drag Strip... Monday, stopped by Carroll Shelby's place for some history. Finished up with SEMA on Tuesday.

I'm very impressed with the size and offerings of the LVMS complex. Big oval, infield road course, additional "outfield" road course, and a GREAT dragstrip. LVMS could handle a variety of driving events, simultaneously if necessary.

Combine that with the obvious additional entertainment/spouse factor, and it's a pretty convincing scenario to make a long drive worthwhile. One could easily stay a day or two extra on either (both!) ends of the VOI and make it a full-bore vacation trip. Nice cruises in the nearby mountains, too.

Probably repeating myself, and I know that Vegas hosted VOI 9, but it seems like a perfect destination for drivers.

Rich

That would be a third time to Vegas. Can't see them picking it again.

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A VOI at Laguna Seca Race way, Monterey Peninsula would be great..

Where the 1.33 lap time record occured too..:D

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What time of year do they usually have the show? I'm hoping to do a lot of work to my car this winter and get it back on the road by April or May, so I'm hoping it's later in the year?

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just another plug... Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham, AL is hosting the Honda Indy Grand Prix this weekend... so there will probably be some good footage of the place on television! :D

Oh, and Alabama International Raceway (1/4 mile dragstrip) is about 30-40 minutes away and they're very accommodating. :2tu:

I'll add to this vote. Used to live an hour away and enjoyed lots of events at Barber. Did a good bit of drag racing in Hunstville and Steele. I'm now 10hrs+ away, but would gladly drive it for Barber. That facility is the nicest I've ever been to and the area is great.

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
When can we reasonably expect to hear? I need to start scheduling my 2012 vacation and I'd like to make sure these dates are included.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When can we reasonably expect to hear? I need to start scheduling my 2012 vacation and I'd like to make sure these dates are included.

If I remember correctly, we heard about VOI. 11 around the beginning of december 2009. I would have to imagine we will hear something soon. I remember I drove one particular member crazy asking about that event. ;) Don't worry, I'm sure it will be worth all the wait. VOI. 11 was my third VOI. and by far the best one I was at and I got married at my First VOI. (#9 in vegas) Just make sure the cars is gassed, clean, and ready to go for VOI. 12. :) :drive:

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You got it Clint-
The last one was only 1000 miles east.
Perhaps we need it in Maine! OR Canada!

PBR

I agree: to be fair, let's have the next VOI in Maine or Canada! After those 5 owners have a great time, then the next VOI can be in a different area where more owners can attend!

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree: to be fair, let's have the next VOI in Maine or Canada! After those 5 owners have a great time, then the next VOI can be in a different area where more owners can attend!

OK, how about Florida or New York. There are plenty of owners in both of those areas and you could still complain about how far away it is from you!

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The highest attended VOI was Nashville. Close to the center of the country. Great track,hotel,etc,etc Or the first international event could be hel in Toronto Canada. Several track to choose from and etc.etc.etc GTS Bruce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper