Light Front End--Need Feeback Plz

RickV2K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
have had the car to 170 a couple times w/top off and windows down (before the 3.55) and was pleasently surprised at how solid it felt. on one ocassion i had a friend follow me in a genI but he had to let off at 140 because he had his soft top on but other than that he felt pretty comfortable at that speed. as i recall roy terpstra from tnt has taken his king snake to 208 in a stock bodied gts with no problems. you might wanna get your suspension checked before you attempt it again. come to think of it...the car felt as solid @170 as my vette did @150. and please be careful at those speeds.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over inflated front tires may feel like this - they are too "hard" and ride on the inner edge, so not as much tread on the road. Also, a little too much toe-out (for AX?) feels very light at higher speeds.

Lastly, and not to day this is the problem, but an added fix anyway, take a look at the cooling duct under the front chin just ahead of the radiator. I made mine, Sean Roe has a kit. Pretty basic, but it works to push air through the radiator rather than build up under the car.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Rollo.......

I bet you had the rear window in........makes the car MUCH more buffety. Remove it, and leave it out! TRY IT !

I bet you need an alignment..........align the 94 to 95 specs.

Do you have OEM XGT-Z tires? Also a culprit of darty-handling. And now, 7 year old bricks. Get new rubber, AFTER you align the car.

Downforce tricks include $319 Eibach Spring Kit from PartsRack.
Front and rear spoilers....... Canards / winglets.
And some other tricks toi let air OUT from the hood....NOT do things to ram air INTO it !

Call me for more, and BE SAFE !

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon,
I was w/ "Rollo" for part of the time yesterday, and you are correct about his tires. They are in fact XGTZ. Getting rid of mine on my 94 made a huge difference in dartiness. I also did the Eibach 1" drop, and had Ted May at Vayala Racing align my car to 95+ specs. Personally, I think my car is almost TOO low in the front now. It touches on some large speedbumps, no matter what angle of approach you take.
I would love to have canards from the GT2 for mine - can anyone get them???
It was great meeting Rollo, Matt, and Mike H yesterday. Cool cars, and Mike's car is great looking, and very fast!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Mark........I hope Rollo follows your Gen-1 lead...As you saw, those 'fixes' or 'tweaks' result in a much more stable Gen-1 Viper. I'd trade the occasional speed bump / driveway rubbing for a one-handed driver!

As for the GT-2 like canards, please stay tuned: I have ONE SET and am having them made slightly larger..... and I have you on a short list of orders.........

I felt really bad about not being able to send you a set earlier.....!

Jon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets