Light on top of dash?

jordan01GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just curious what this light on top of my dash is? I cant quite pin point when its on and why. Thanks for your help.

You must be registered for see images attach

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hummmmm, is it stationary or does it move?

looks like a UFO

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Limp mode"- meaning your engine is on reduced power due to any number of problems. It's a warning to NOT give the car more than 1/2 throttle......

Actually, it's your alarm light. Lets you know the alarm is armed. :D

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man you guys are brutal... It's obviously an alchohol sensor. If you drink too much it goes on and tells you not to drive.

I hope he wasn't trying to be serious.

V

Venomiss

It must be a Rudolph the Reindeer attractor. Only if you have a shiny Viper included.
Santa loves to deliver toys in a Viper. Rudolph rides shotgun.

No, Just kidding and welcome to a nice bunch of jokers.;)

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's actually a mini camera lens for the onboard computer system. I heard they mounted it facing up on the dash pad so the computer can't read your lips.. bad things could happen, especially if it get's jealous.. You may see it flashing bright if you leave your car locked up alone..

You must be registered for see images

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only the guy's 16th post and you guys give him a hard time. Good way to to promote the VCA :rolleyes: What happened is, many years ago, back in the early 90's, people started discovering red Vipers are fastest. Non-red Viper owners sued Dodge. Since it was too late to go back and repaint all Vipers, they installed this red light to help the non-red cars pick up some extra HP. It was an utter failure, the red cars are still much faster than their non-red counterparts.

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only the guy's 16th post and you guys give him a hard time. Good way to to promote the VCA :rolleyes: What happened is, many years ago, back in the early 90's, people started discovering red Vipers are fastest. Non-red Viper owners sued Dodge. Since it was too late to go back and repaint all Vipers, they installed this red light to help the non-red cars pick up some extra HP. It was an utter failure, the red cars are still much faster than their non-red counterparts.

I thought it was an "ugly chick" alert. If a ugly chic or trannie sat in your car, the light would go off and save you from humiliation! Comes in handy on those nights when you walk out of a club with "goggles." Or if you're in GA! :lmao:

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's always set on **** mode. The "stud muffin" setting is for those who haven't come out yet.

Dave, open the door and take a step...we've all know for a while.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys crack me up, I love this forum.

Sorry jordan01GTS these guys can be brutal. If I could tell you what is for I would, maybe someone really knows and will chime in, but in the interim this post is entertaining.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think If he's really serious he's going to have to PM someone to get the answer. I don't anyone would dare post it now......:lmao:

Hyru

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It means your car is a transformer... but not just any kind, the **** kind.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
**** Transformer, you say?

Is it any coincidence that "checking your oil" is code for a prostate exam? I THINK NOT...CONSPIRACY IS AFOOT!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought it was an "ugly chick" alert. If a ugly chic or trannie sat in your car, the light would go off and save you from humiliation! Comes in handy on those nights when you walk out of a club with "goggles." Or if you're in GA! :lmao:

I agree, this is your typical GA girl. She obviously fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down :lmao:

Also, it is politically incorrect for you to use the term "****", but not add "not that there's anything wrong with that" to the end of the sentence. Please try to refrain from making this error again in the future.

(typical GA girl my @$$......I'd never go on vacation if she was your typical GA girl) :lmao:

As for the light, I'm not sure. I have a real Viper (red Gen 1). We don't get flashy red lights. We don't even get windows :rolaugh: Those wanting to argue, feel free to ask Chuck Tator, he'll tell you the same thing :D

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Red light on dash?

I've never seen mine but then again I've had a dash mat on mine since day one.

I looked at my owner's manual and yup it's an alcohol breath tester!

Wait!!!! It's the JIMMY LIGHT!

JIMMY!!!!!!! :lmao:

Last edited:

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This confirms the trivia about it having a kitty magnet.. (meow V10SpeedLoverboy).. you know.. all joking aside, this is getting rediculous with all the other replies.. So I made a quick call and verified that our cars were equipped with a red light from the factory.. a symbol.. the history is actually linked to the Red Light District in Amsterdam!

Red-light district - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Instead of starting another thread does anyone know where I can get this?

It must be exact.

Thanks!

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So, where were we with the Red Light District?

OP
OP
J

jordan01GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:lmao: HAHAHA I hope everyone is getting a good laugh at my expense. It just didnt look factory and I have a factory key fabb sso that is why I asked. Im glad I could help all of you get a good laugh. Thank you to the people who sent me a PM.

V

Venomiss

:lmao: HAHAHA I hope everyone is getting a good laugh at my expense. It just didnt look factory and I have a factory key fabb sso that is why I asked. Im glad I could help all of you get a good laugh. Thank you to the people who sent me a PM.

Just remember we are laughing with you not at you.;) I am sure some of these guys have some great stories and information to tell you about their Vipers when they were new owners and asked interesting questions. I'll even send you a good one.:D
A very warm welcome here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc