Line Lock Question

Nich0las

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How involved is a line lock and how much would it cost?

Lastly, I was at the local drag strip and I was doing brake burnouts to heat the tires, which greatly helped my 60 fts, but I am concerned with the punishment on the car. Is this ******* the car or is it just the pads that I need to be worried about?

Thanks

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it's ******* the back brakes if your applying the brake somewhat while applying torque to the rear. It's not really ******* the car, keep the rpm down to 4500 or less, as the engine goes into a free rev while doing this, and it's a bit ******* the engine.

What kind of tires are you heating up? You really can get by without the line-lock. Most of the Viper guys do very well heating up there tires without this.

OP
OP
N

Nich0las

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Skip,

I am just using the stock tires. So you think applying a little brake is not a problem?

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hurst makes a nice billet line lock. Check out Summit or Jegs for pricing. I think its around $100.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a full B&M kit (solenoid, switch, light)off Ebay for 70 bucks delivered. Install solenoid in series with your front brake line and you're good to go. :2tu:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine