List your Winter Mods

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought it would be good to see what everyone did in hibernation with spring around the corner. We can share lessons learned etc. and how to's. I did Stop-tech aerorotors, ss lines, EBC red stuff pads, and a Innovate LC-1 wideband controller and A/F gauge.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Been working on my Street Serpent for exactly 1 year (and 1 winter now). Getting very close as we ordered paint last week. Going with a House of Kolors Dark Kandy Red over a Nova Orange base. Trying to get it to be as dark a red as I can get without it looking maroon.

Most recently I installed motons. Just ordered new Polk door speakers and an Ipod integration kit.

Mother nature teased us here in Iowa yesterday with 65 degree temps. Today a high of 20 :rolleyes:. Roads still covered in sand and salt.

C'mon SPRING!

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My winter mods consisted up several trips to the gas station to fill up as we had a mild winter here in Texas.

Jsparks

Viper Owner
Reaction score
paxton....b&b headers and exhaust...hre's....and now just waiting on the tune

I pulled it on and off the trailer and DAMN it sound good. I love the whine of the paxton and the low drone of the exhaust. I would recommend the full b&b all day!!! I can't wait till I get her back so I can open it up. I hoping next week

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Balenger Headers w/ cat delete hooked to my Corsa, Iforged wheels, StopTechs Aerotors, Comp Coupe Oil Pan, B&M shifter, AB Wires, changed out all the speakers radio etc. That should be enough until spring:2tu: Then the it's JM Striker heads and Cam!! Mods are so fun!

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brake Pads
Hid lights
MGW shift knob
Brand new ACR wheels
Oh yeah heavy upgrades for me heck I might even lube the windshield wiper bearings!!!!
tire_bbs_014.jpg

Bullsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Motons, HRE wheels, Woodhouse shift kit, StopTech slotted rotors, Corsa exhaust, 2" seat lowering kit, and a few other odds and end goodies...

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Winter.... Whats that?

Actually we got some decent rain this year and I thought we would have more, so I had my buddy start my Paxton. Thought what the hell, weather ***** anyways. But its turned out to be 60's and 70's the last few weeks, no rain. I cant wait to get back in my car. But so far this winter I added,
Paxton with DLM tensioner and Cooler
Quaife,coming next week.
A/F Guage.
New Plugs and AB's Plug wires.
Plus maintenace like changing the differnt fluids, getting some fresh stuff in.

This weekend its time to start driving again, 68 degrees in the forecast. :drive:

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forgline wheels,ps2's,stop-tech rotors,lightweight fly wheel. I'm having a hard time justifying any forced induction due to the 08's n/a power and my current warranty. Why supercharge an 06 when an 08 with a few bolt-ons makes sick power and tuners haven't even tapped it yet? Maybe when I'm out of warranty,but hopefully I'll be in an 2009/2010 with even more ponies and a warranty :).
1771.JPG

Last edited:

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HID foglights and an SRT8 Jeep with a corsa to help reduce the miles I've been racking up on the SRT10.:drive::headbang:

RayC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sold 06 coupe bought 08 coupe. Not sure about "bang for the buck" factor yet, but it sure is pretty!

Dave149

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RPM Transmission level V with alternate 5th/6th ratios, Aluminum flywheel, EBC Redstuff pads, Stoptech s/s lines, clutch pedal lowering kit, setup pedals for heel toe shifting, and cat delete. It sure sounds nice with the Borla cat back. Can't wait to drive it with the new ratios and the 3.55's that were already in the car. C'mon spring!!

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My major winter mod was buying a Viper in the first place. I plan on doing a complete stereo system in the next couple weeks, but I guess it might be sping by then....

Other than that, I have been modifying the tread depth on my tires. Seems like I'm always losing tread depth. I wonder why? :dunno:

P.S. I LOVE this car!!!

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My major winter mod was buying a Viper in the first place. I plan on doing a complete stereo system in the next couple weeks, but I guess it might be sping by then....

Other than that, I have been modifying the tread depth on my tires. Seems like I'm always losing tread depth. I wonder why? :dunno:

P.S. I LOVE this car!!!
Same here. I just got my car in November so I had a short mod season. :smirk:

I got w/m injection system installed and car tuned by PBJ.
Got valve covers powdercoated. Got new rear speakers (that I am not happy with).

On my "still to do list".....EBC Red Brake pads, new rear speakers (again), brushed aluminum heated knobs, new leather boots on hand brake and shifter.:2tu:

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When will it all end??? I hope never. It's pretty easy to see that Viper owners are more than just car owners. It's a passion, deeply rooted in our early years. My mods this year were X-Metal TB. Lots of Meguires M80 polish. Really worked ******* the paint finish removing all swirls and scratches. Trust me that was a winter project. I am slow but, very detailed. I put it in the sun last week. Looked great. Looking forward to some nice Viper events.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang