Little bit of a rattle from rear glass in my gts...

happy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
its a 02gts and im sure there must be adjustment but, not a 100% sure on what needs adjustment, but sometimes driving down the road with windows open i get a bit of a rattle from the rear glass, anyone ever have this before??

blackandblue01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Only thing that comes to mind is either the nuts at the top of the glass that secure the glass to the hinges may need tightening, or the rubber bump stops that the bottom of the glass rests on can be turned out a bit to tighten it up. We had the rear glass all the way off mine when we painted the car. Took a bit of tweaking to get it back right.

virginiavenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As above...and/or, the glue bonding the hinge to the glass may have failed.
this is what just happened to my car. still trying to find an autoglass shop worth a **** to get it fixed, most look at you like your stupid.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Raise the hatch to the extended position. Then check the hinge-to-glass connection at each corner. It's probably opening up. The hinge is metal and glued to the glass. It cannot be purchased separately and most glass shops will not fix it due to liability. The entire hatch can be purchased for about $1000.

I'm fixing mine today and over the weekend. My latch striker also came out so the hatch doesn't close and the trunk light stays on causing the battery to drain. I disconnected the light. I started another thread over this a few days ago. I will update it as I go. http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/653810-Rear-hatch-unglued-on-my-GTS-again!

-Avi
1997 Viper GTS

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonychicken