Loading Viper into Enclosed Trailer??

Angela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My husband and I purchased an 24' enclosed car trailer in November. My question is, is there any tricks to getting the car into the trailer without getting the front scrapped? What should we use to prevent this form happening? Any guidance would be so appreciated!

Thank you,
Angela

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Use something like plywood or a similar semi flexible material to lay out behind the ramp. This should help ease the car up onto the trailer.

If you've got an inclined driveway or can use one, put the trailer at the end and lay the ramp onto the incline. The angle should be far less than on flat ground.

:usa:

Reaction score
Get a 2X12 about 6 foot long and place it about 1/2 way out the ramp door. This will raise the front end enough to get you transitioned up the ramp door. You can of course use 2 of them but one will do.

TMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's what I had to do to load mine. Unloading mine I used a floor jack and jacked the front of the trailer as high as i could, leaving it attached to the truck for stability, I didn't have to use any extra wood that way.

I also used the winch to get it in and out of the trailer.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use a 2x6 lying flat on the ground butted up against the bottom of the door. This lifts the front of the car sooner so there is no potential scrapage. :)

Can also put wood behind the truck tires, back the truck uo ontop of it, thus lowering the back of the trailer.

My eventual plan come spring is to eliminate that little hinged 16" long flip board thingy with a much longer board (3-4 feet long) thus giving a more gradual slope.

Robert

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:eater: after looking at several delivery pics, looks like a tight fit.

:dunno: how do you get out of your car once in the trailer & get in the car once trailered....nascar car style?

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And if you did not get the door :brick::brick: then yes, nascar style!;)

I am getting good at it too!:D

Hint - Take shoes off before you drive in. Then no need to remove them when getting out.

Robert

OP
OP
A

Angela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, we do have the dove tail. We'll raise the front of the trailer as high as we can, and try the 2x6 butted up against the door. And, see what happens. :omg:
thanks, for all the advise!

Angela & Adam

SHELBYVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of 4 foot aluminum low profile ramps that attach to the end of my dove tail. The Vipers drive up on them with no scrapping issues at all. You can also pump your front tires up tp 50 psi. This will give you some added clearance as well. Just remember to deflate back down before driving the car. I always leave a note under the wiper blade to remind me to deflate.:usa:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960