Long day, and fun to boot (pics)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, it is very late once again and I need to get some sleep. I was working on those darn webhead badges until the wee hours last night and then had to leave at 5:45 this morning for Nashville. A quick summary of the day, with pictures:

It started out as a caravan of two: Marcus with his wife, and Yours Truly. With such an early start, we got a serious dose of sunrise in the face:

You must be registered for see images

Well, not all of us were awake to see it (and they say the Viper is uncomfortable on long trips...)

We then arrived in St. Louis, site of VOI6. Of course, as the Gateway Region attended VOI6 in droves, they new EXACTLY how cool it was. No wonder they had the highest percentage of registered attendees for VOI7 of all the regional clubs! So, we ended up traveling with another 15 Vipers from Gateway and 1 Viper from Iowa. We took a group photo before we departed:

Going through Kentucky, we passed a new Corvette
laugh.gif

Everybody had a camera and there were some neat shots to be had en route:

(continued...)

Brad_Milde

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Y2KGTS,

I guess you passed right by me in Columbia, MO yesterday morning. I won't be there in Nashville until Friday evening.
shake.gif
So I'm going to miss the webhead get together. Any chance you guys may be getting together on Friday or Saturday night? Let me know, and hopefully, I'll see you there.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Gateway Club is EXTREMELY good with caravans. They keep track of everybody and won't let anybody get lost. Indeed, one of our trailered cars ended up getting on the wrong ramp after a gas stop. We figured it out a few miles later and tracked him down. We then waited by the side of the road until he caught up. Thankfully, nobody can read street signs...

We noticed it was getting darker up ahead, and sure enough, it started raining a short time later:

Now, what few can understand about a VOI unless they have been to one is just how EXCITING they are! Much like the Grinch and all the Whos down in Who-ville, a little rain doesn't dampen the excitement one little bit. Here is what attendees arrived to find on the front lawn of the hotel:

We then got registered and got our goody bags. As always, an eclectic mix of very nifty stuff. Among the items:

Very nice VOI art poster with the SRT/10 featured
Large embroidered VOI towel (beach towel size or larger - QUALITY)
Viper watch with new Viper logo - watch attaches to belt loop, etc.
Dodge Motorsports stainless steel stopwatch
VOI7 embroidered cotton ball cap
VOI7 embroidered cotton polo shirt (also very nice)
Wine or martini glass "tags" with the Viper logo for each one
Very nice (and very heavy) ceramic/stone coaster set with each coaster featuring a different engraving (VOI7, RT/10, GTS, & SRT-10)
Odds and ends such as CD's, etc.
And the bag itself: A high dollar fully embroidered backpack "cooler": It is a large backpack with an insulated lining and waterproof insert. With a large embroidered VOI7 logo, it looks pretty darn slick.

Now, remember the "lottery" to drive the SRT-10? Yep, really did happen. Not to worry, EVERYBODY that wants to drive it will get their chance. The drawing was to see what time on Sunday you will drive (and only on Sunday). You even get to take it around the autocross with a Skip Barber instructor at your side. Unfortunately, some of us have to leave earlier on Sunday to get back to work. Rather than simply sign up for the time slot you wanted, you drew a wrist band from a barrel and that was your time. I later found out that most simply looked in the barrel when they drew their number so they could get what they wanted. I was too innocent and just drew the first one that I grabbed. 2:00PM, and I will probably be on my way back to Kansas City by then. Oh well!

The hotel is incredible, even though they have very slow Net (I can't even tell if these pictures are posting correctly). Dodge looks to have once again outdone itself. Oh, and for the doubting Thomas who said that Dodge does this gig for profit, no way. Check out what they invest in this and you will see that it is a financial loss in and of itself. But add back the goodwill it creates among some of it's more influential clients, and you have the Viper Owner Invitational. So far, so good!

Chris

PS. In the interest of uploading these images on a slow dial-up connection, I have made them fairly low resolution. I will upload higher resolution images when I return to KC, as well as create a page on the KC site to review them. Fun!

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris, How about trading your wrist band with someone who is not leaving so soon? I would be asking everyone I talked to...... Hey, what's your time to drive the SRT? Would you be willing to trade for 2:00? Or perhaps you're not an SRT fan and that's OK too, or maybe you'll get a VIP drive!
smile.gif

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Y2KGTS:
Here is what attendees arrived to find on the front lawn of the hotel:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, so I see the Viper. What's that other red car with the squashed top, and why is it at VOI?

(j/k)

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTS Dean:
OK, so I see the Viper. What's that other red car with the squashed top, and why is it at VOI?

(j/k)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

laugh.gif
Carefull Dean. You'll be put on notice.

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hail[1].gif
Chris and his Pics!

Thanks for posting the pics Chris!

I'm sure all of us who couldn't make it to VOI7 appreciate your posting them so we can enjoy at least seeing the all the event.

At least you won't have to compete with me to see who can get them posted first this time.
laugh.gif

That home field advantage came in handy at VOI6.
supergrin.gif

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw it happen as I was arriving......a kid in his Honda was gawking at the Viper and lost control slid over the curb and up thru the grass. Luckly he missed the Viper and came to a stop behind it. Chris must have snapped this shot before the tow truck arrived. Also thanks to Chris for the webhead badges with name....screen name AND avitar......lots of work and they look great. ta

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTS Dean:

(j/k)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>