Long distance driving in a GTS '98

Danino

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm leaving south Florida, near ft. Lauderdale, and driving up to Wilson, north Carolina. It's almost exactly 800 miles. I want to leave early in the morning and try to make it in one day. Anyone have any recomendations as to what to expect or pre-drive checklist?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ive driven to and from davie florida 2 times.
orlando 2 times and siesta key once.

dont sweat it, just usual stuff. its just a dodge

PS: one day i can make it to NNJ, NC is a hop, skip and a jump

OP
OP
D

Danino

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Haha no snow just cold. Just figured I'd ask. Thanks!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
one of the times, i ended up driving thru all of virginia in the snow. THAT was not fun.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we drove +800 miles from Chicago area to Paxton Nebraska this Sept...13 hours.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+2000 miles in 3 days from Connecticut to Utah in september... and BACK again 5 days later in october :D

(ok the Viper was on a trailer behind a Dakota Quad Cab)

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove from Washington DC to SLC Utah and back in a 97 GTS a few months ago and put it on a track while there. No issues. On the way home I did a 900 mile day and an 820 mile day back to back.

Just check the usual stuff and enjoy the trip. I'd rather take the Viper on a long trip than any of my other cars!

Wedge500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We took our 98 GTS on the 2010 Hot Rod Power Tour covering about 1500 miles and it was a great trip :drive:

The only bad thing was that we had to pack really light.

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd rather take the Viper on a long trip than any of my other cars!

You're made of stronger stuff than me, sir. I drove a 2003 800 miles in one day and I practically crawled from the car to the living room sofa. I didn't move off that sofa until I had to go ***.

Wedge500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Planning on driving the 2011 power tour? I will make this one for sure. Sounds like a blast.:drive:

If you have the chance to run the Power Tour, I highly recommend it :2tu: We have been going on it since 2007 and have loved every trip.

We are hoping to go in 2011 as well but have not yet booked the tour.

If we do go, I am not sure what car we will be taking. Since, we took the GTS last year we are leaning towards taking our 90 Mustang that I am currently putting a Vortech Supercharger on, or our 69 Roadrunner.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have any recomendations as to what to expect or pre-drive checklist?

You'll get lots of thumbs up during your trip, folks taking pictures of your Viper as you pass them, you'll also get a few girls that will drive by ******* for you...hopefully they're cute. If so, take pictures and post here. Amazing what the Viper does to people.

OP
OP
D

Danino

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You'll get lots of thumbs up during your trip, folks taking pictures of your Viper as you pass them, you'll also get a few girls that will drive by ******* for you...hopefully they're cute. If so, take pictures and post here. Amazing what the Viper does to people.

If I get that lucky I'll be sure to post them up :lmao:

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah just check fluids, tire pressure, etc for you leave like any car. I've driven mine from Fayetteville NC to Carlisle PA and back no sweat.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At 150 mph that is about a 5 hour trip. :)

you'll also get a few girls that will drive by ******* for you
After 3 years of ownership I'm still waiting for that one. :2tu:

paxtu22

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The wife and I did a 1200 mile trip from Woodstock to Branson 2 months ago. Best road trip I have ever done. 80 mph and 20 mpg, the car just ate up the road. Even ran into an s4 that thought he had something for me. He found out he did'nt. Would do it again in a heart beat.

Eric

kenmo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Planning on driving the 2011 power tour? I will make this one for sure. Sounds like a blast.:drive:

I'm planning on taking mine this year. Missed it last year due to work :( Guess there will be two sapphires this year :) Planned the trip out and I'm looking at just shy of 4K miles round trip. Yikes!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32