Look under your hood PLEASE...

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

If you own a Gen V, specifically a 2013, please look under you hood at the hood vent cutouts closest to the headlights and tell me if yours look like these pics.

As you can see, around the cutout are notches for some reason which allow for less surface area for the hood vent clips to attach to...which ultimately allowed one of the hood vent covers to blow off while driving.

I took several pics, some with white paper under to help identify the notches I am talking about. The pics with red paint showing are a top view and the ones with the black are from the angle you could see by looking from the underside of your hood.

I am trying to figure out if these hoods were produced from the factory like this (poor design) or if my hood has been tampered with (either at manufacturing plant or by previous owner). The car only had 900 miles on it when I purchased it.

This *****...I had the car 3 days before this happened and it is now at dealership #2 after having a horrible experience at the 1st one, making it one month now I have been without my car.

Thanks for any feedback I can get...

If anyone knows a contact who is way up the food chain at Dodge who could possibly help me, please PM me their information.

Justin

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will look at my car in the morning and let you know. When mine blew off, i called the dealer and asked if he could give me six new grills, I picked them up and installed them myself. I did not want to take a chance on nicking the paint during removal so I used a set of side cutters to cut the holding tabs off of the grills. That process took a max of 15 minutes. I do not think my grill openings had the cut-outs like yours. Those cut-outs do not look factory.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just looked at my car, it does not have those notches. Someone got creative with a dremel drum sander.

Reaction score
The design was changed from yours Jack, the grills were breaking tabs off when installing and they put reliefs there to lessen the pressure when they were installed to prevent it, the newer hoods all have a little relief there.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The OP's car is a 13, therefore, his grills were already replaced? His notches are fairly deep, I can see where the new grill might not be tight due to the notch.

The design was changed from yours Jack, the grills were breaking tabs off when installing and they put reliefs there to lessen the pressure when they were installed to prevent it, the newer hoods all have a little relief there.

OP
OP
T

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, if these were cut to offer relief, there were definitely overdone. I can literally push on the underside of the front 2 vents and they will easily lift because not all the clips catch the hood now. *****...not sure how this will be managed?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets