Looking for 03 viper suspension

dester243

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I think it's time to get some suspension for my 03 vert. Before I take the plunge and buy some new suspension (probably the MCS non dampening) does anyone have a good set of suspension for sale?

Reaction score
Well, I think it's time to get some suspension for my 03 vert. Before I take the plunge and buy some new suspension (probably the MCS non dampening) does anyone have a good set of suspension for sale?

If you are going to have your car for a while the MCS will give you the best bang for your buck ride, adjust ability and handling.

OP
OP
D

dester243

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That seems to be the word on the forums.

The cheaper coilovers seem a little sketchy. The ones that roe sells, it seems a lot of them have leaking issues.
The ones that vipair offers, is still very new to the market but truth be told, I don't want to wait 2+ months if I am paying for a product. Seems like some members have been waiting for a little bit of time and orders are still not processed.

I have a feeling I'll be spending 3k+ for a nice set of suspension but just haven't wanted to take the plunge yet.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
A lot of it will depend on what you're looking for. The Vipairs are the ticket if you just want a lower stance, but since they're still based on the stock shock (at least that was how I've interpreted it), your ride quality wouldn't necessarily change that much. I just got a set of the MCS single adjustables and really like them so far. The ride isn't necessarily smoother, but the car feels way more planted and doesn't shake the steering wheel out of my hands on some bumps. I plan to have this car for a long time though, so I figured I might as well take the plunge sooner than later so I can get the most use out of them.

OP
OP
D

dester243

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, there are great members on this forum. Mark @ woodhouse answered my questions and was still VERY nice when I told him I went the cheaper route and went with the vipair coilovers.

I called Steve @ Vipair and he said he can have a set shipped out in 2 weeks. So let's see what happens. I'll try to document everything as much as possible.

But overall, great experiences all around. Everyone seems very professional and helpful.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm posting this also in the Gen 2 forums but here is a time slip from a Viper ( modified a tiny bit with Turbos and Aero ) that has Vipair coilovers on it

168 mph and an 8.6 sec 1/4 mile

OP
OP
D

dester243

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool, just let me know when the coilovers ship out :)

And if you can get me a tracking # when they do that would be great.