Looking for CO, WY, UT, NM Viper Days Interest

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back from a trip to Iowa (~1400 miles round trip + track time + commuting hotel to track...) for the Viper Days event at Mid-America.

Great folks, great fun and I'd like to do more of that, especially in a mostly Vipers forum.

So how about an event more local to Colorado? Pueblo Motorsports facility would seem to be the best fit for distance / cost / facilities. Others tracks include Pikes Peak (but I understand the ViperDays folks prefer sites with fewer retaining walls), Second Creek is a maybe (but the pits are, well the pits...), Mead up north of Denver (again, not strong on pits), or the Motorsports park in Aspen (has noise restrictions?).

No need to get into issues with the local VCA chapter (you'll note I belong to N Texas!). In speaking with some of the current "powers" if there's enough interest, we might be able to make it happen...

So, if you'd be interested, please contact either me or the CO VCA leadership

http://co.viperclub.org/contact.html

Come on!!! Plan to get those cars out of their garages and on the track - where they belong...

Tom Glenn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe, I'm In! If you can schedule it during the SUMMER I will do everything I can to get all of the Arizona racers there. Frank Parise, Phil DeLao, Rich Marziale, Robert Dopp, Marv Spatz, Susan Spatz, Fat Albert, Johnny Wiegel, and many others. We are talking some serious speed here. I would even put the challenge out to the other States. Bring it if ya got it. I know the california boys are afraid to come across the border. Texass talks tough but can they deliver. I heard there were some Ohio competitors, but I can't remember if they still race (Kathy being the exception). Is New Mexico a part of the Union? Colorado, Utah, Nevada? Who? I am sure we can figure out a points system to determine the top State (Alphabetical works). Any Takers?

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"Just got back from a trip to Iowa (~1400 miles round trip + track time + commuting hotel to track...) for the Viper Days event at Mid-America."

Ya me too, 1380 miles to Coucil Bluffs and back to Winnipeg. Worth every minute and every penny, what a blast.

Let me see if I have this straight. Danny, you were the fellow with the Dodge Decal under your headlights, right.
If that's right I have a cool pic I'll email you.

Joe are you the guy with the super charger in the silver w/blue?

I'm planning on being in Brainerd for Viper Days.
Either of you plan on being there?
I'd love to hit every Viper Days event if I could.
What a great group of people!

OP
OP
J

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes Sir, supercharged Silver / Blue stripe GTS was me.

Look out Courtney, we're gathering momentum!

OK, my Colorado brethern... Time to chime in...

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...I know the california boys are afraid to come across the border. . Any Takers?

Tom, Shame on you, I'll list the winners from the Viper Days site from PIR from CA

Super Modified Time Points
John Dearing 1:06.785 1000 ---CA

Modified Time Points
Sam Carvajal 1:14.927 1000 -----------CA

Prepared Time Points
....................1:13.753 1000 My name still not listed

Super Stock Time Points
Terry Rossi 1:10.270 1000 ----------CA
John Martinez 1:13.525 956 ----------CA

Stock Time Points
Stephanie May 1:16.813 1000 ----------CA

Race group Sunday not listed--Mumford 1st place------------CA

And we won in your House.--PIR

I think we should just send Mumford to run in all groups and we'll send 4 cars so he can win all 4 groups--This cuts down the travel expenses.

So-Cal Rebell will direct from the Pits.

Yours trully,

Future National Prepared Champion.

Joe B

Frank Parise

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Keep talking and maybe Viper Days will add some more events out west.

The only track in the 4 states that you mention worthy of a Viper Days event would be PPIR (Pikes Peak) south of Denver.
Unfortunately, it is an infield course that incorporates a NASCAR oval.

Suitable tracks in California include Willow Springs, Buttonwillow, Thunderhill, Sears Point (all of which have had Viper Days events in the past). Laguna Seca is not suitable because of sound restrictions.

Arizona has a brand new track, Arizona Motorsports Park, that is the virtual twin sister to the new MAM track that you went to. We also have PIR and FIR which have hosted past Viper Days events.

Nevada has two great tracks...Spring Mountain in Pahrump, and the road course inside the LVMS stadium. Viper Days has done events at both tracks in the past.

The Arroyo Seco and Sandia tracks in New Mexico are terrible.

I'm not aware of any tracks in Utah or Wyoming.

As Tom Glenn stated, there are at least a half dozen Viper racers from Arizona looking for track time out west.

Tom Glenn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr. Bregante, If the results/names aren't posted it never happened. I case you forgot I didn't run at PIR (to much bad press when I knock our customers off the podium). Since PVO has informed me they are starting on my Comp Coupe and I am itching to put my first notch on the steering wheel how about we both bring ours to this event for the big showdown? And please bring SloCal, as I'll need someone to hold my jock.
Sincerely,
Tom

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since PVO has informed me they are starting on my Comp Coupe and I am itching to put my first notch on the steering wheel. Sincerely,
Tom

I would more likely think it would be a notch on the splitter just before it departs the car :D :D :D I've seen your driving habits.

ViperRon

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I attended part of Viper Days in Council Bluffs and it was great. Have it in Colorado and I'll bring all of the Wyoming group......ME!!!!!!

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr. Bregante, If the results/names aren't posted it never happened. I case you forgot I didn't run at PIR (to much bad press when I knock our customers off the podium). Since PVO has informed me they are starting on my Comp Coupe and I am itching to put my first notch on the steering wheel how about we both bring ours to this event for the big showdown? And please bring SloCal, as I'll need someone to hold my jock.
Sincerely,
Tom

Hey Tom,

Maybe we can both run in primer. That way no one will know that I was faster. :cool: "It's the Mumford way"
I DON'T LEAVE THE STATE WITHOUT "Spin Cal Rebell" He's my Director.

And it did Happen--I have the trophy--must just be a "mis-print".

Arrive and Drive should put on the event!!--It can't be that hard or expensive. I'm in. Tell me what track, I'm gonna stop on the way back from Michigan with my CC for some DCB practice, in 2 weeks.

So when it gonna happen Tom??

Joe (Gonna have to go faster that Tom)B

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06Quad