Looking For Feedback - Hardtop by Autoform?????

Kevin Stitely

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm considering purchasing a hardtop for my '99 RT/10 from Autoform. I've talked to the folks at Autoform about their unique design and latch system. I've also received several pics of the top from different angles plus detailed views of the latch system in front and in the rear. From what I can tell, the fit, finish, and latch system is far superior to anything on the market today.

I'm now seeking advice from those who either have the top or those who have experience with their design in the past.

Specific interests:
1. quality of the finish product
2. wind noise (i.e., air tight seal around the side windows)
3. leakage
4. ease of installation
5. customer service

Please advise with positive or negative comments.

Thanks in advance.

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. quality of the finish product
2. wind noise (i.e., air tight seal around the side windows)
3. leakage
4. ease of installation
5. customer service

1. quality - exterior paint is done well, interior should be a cloth finish instead of painted fiberglass - the paint job inside was fairly poor with some overspray of the exterior color being visible
2. wind noise - if you get the top on properly the seal is very good, much less wind noise than the soft top but not like driving a lexus though
3. leakage - don't drive in the rain so I can't tell you, but when washing the car there is none
4. installation - not easy, a 2 man job, you will be playing with those rear latches quite a bit in order to get them to seat tight so the top isn't always bumping around, I had to get someone local here to help as the front pegs which seat in the holes where the soft top pegs insert were not aligned properly
5. customer service - outstanding, they are extremely helpful

LW VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Autoform top on my 96 RT/10. Rattles quite a bit. I mostly leave it off, but then, I don't use the convertible top at all. Too much work. Wind with the windows closed and locked is fine. Just a lot of bump and rattle. But I don't have a comparison. For almost 4 grand, I would expect a great fit.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960