Looking for new rims!

spmorgan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm looking to replace my stock 2003 rims. I'm looking for something with a dark finish and would like to stay around $5000 for the four. I don't know if this means I need used or not, but does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
Shawn

OP
OP
S

spmorgan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I looked there already. I know it isn't an easy question, just looking for some ideas.

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any more details? Brands, with a lip, don't like the big lip, sizes, etc? I have 19/20 Iforged combo on my car and love it!

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some of Steve's car:

You must be registered for see images attach

Also, check out the "ultimate wheel thread" by using the SEARCH feature.

VIPER R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can get a set of new 6 spoke wheels on ebay and send them out for black chrome, less than $1500 for new light weight wheels.

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score

3500.00 Delivered to your door. Comes with new R888's on the rear. Includes the PS that were on it. So you're getting a complete set of Pilot Spots and these R888's mounted. 18" HRE's. VERY nice

Reaction score

3500.00 Delivered to your door. Comes with new R888's on the rear. Includes the PS that were on it. So you're getting a complete set of Pilot Spots and these R888's mounted. 18" HRE's. VERY nice

WOW hell of a deal right there! :2tu:

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can get you a set of any of our 360 Forged or Modular Concepts wheels in your price range.

We have a pretty nice set of Concave wheels that will start to be machined as of January so you have tons of styles to chose from.

If you want a personalized quote or have any questions feel free to PM me here on the board.

Check out: :::::: 360° | Forged ::::::
:: Modular Concept ::

Andy Wheeler

I am ordering a set of these right now for my car with either Carbon Fiber centers or gun metal centers havn't decided yet.

Here's my Modulars 19/20 02's with chrome lips, and carbon faces.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tell ya what, go grab your 20" rim and see what type of radial you can put on it.

There's only one option.

From another thread:

Luke,

Any idea when the 19s will be available? Comments on the tires?

Thanks

NITTO TIRE RELEASES ALL-NEW DRAG-SPECIFIC RADIAL: NT05R

Cypress, Calif., October 26, 2009 Nitto Tire announces the release of its all-new D.O.T.-compliant competition drag radial, the NT05R™. The NT05R is Nitto’s most aggressive drag radial designed for competition use. Nitto will officially debut the tire at this year’s SEMA show, held at the Las Vegas Convention Center from November 3 to 6, 2009. Visit Nitto at booth #46115 to see the tire. The NT05R will be available for purchase in the first quarter of 2010. Nitto’s top priority during the development of the tire was to maximize traction. To achieve this, Nitto engineered an all-new specialized race compound and a large contact patch. The dual-purpose sidewall construction is enhanced for traction during launch as well as straight-line stability at the top-end. This improves consistency and controllability throughout the entire pass. The NT05 will be available in popular 17- to 20-inch rim diameters designed for high-performance drag racing vehicles. Included in the size lineup is a P345/30R19, which is the world’s first 19-inch drag radial. Sizes will be released throughout 2010.

Coming Soon

LL Indicates Light Load. Technical Information subject to change without notice.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CCWs are going to put you right in your price range, including tires. My wheels are 19x10/19x13 though they can accomodate any size you need.

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
******** it Hank!!! You better stop putting pictures of that car up....I mean it. That car is sick looking. Now go show it off somewhere else! :D

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can get you a set of any of our 360 Forged or Modular Concepts wheels in your price range.

We have a pretty nice set of Concave wheels that will start to be machined as of January so you have tons of styles to chose from.

If you want a personalized quote or have any questions feel free to PM me here on the board.

Check out: :::::: 360° | Forged ::::::
:: Modular Concept ::

Andy Wheeler

I am ordering a set of these right now for my car with either Carbon Fiber centers or gun metal centers havn't decided yet.

Here's my Modulars 19/20 02's with chrome lips, and carbon faces.

Love the concaves. I'm in the market too.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tell ya what, go grab your 20" rim and see what type of radial you can put on it.

I'll be honest, I've never understood the big wheel, big lip thing. Looks overdone to me. Plus, the ride can't improve with 20's on it .

I must say I like the look of those concave mesh wheels, but wouldn't want them in 20".

OP
OP
S

spmorgan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, I'm liking the look of the Iforged Flux rims, and am leaning that way. Thanks for all of the pointers!!

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I'm liking the look of the Iforged Flux rims, and am leaning that way. Thanks for all of the pointers!!

I-Forged would be a good choice. I'd recommend a 19/19 set up. One thing I learned with mine (20" rears) is that tire choice is limited in 20".

Good luck.

0141.JPG

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Love the concaves. I'm in the market too.

Let me know if your interested and I will work up a quote for you. We are starting to cut them January 2nd. I hope to have a set on my car by the end of January so I can shoot them.

Shoot me a PM if you have any questions about our concaves.

Andy Wheeler

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I've never understood the big wheel, big lip thing. Looks overdone to me. Plus, the ride can't improve with 20's on it .

I must say I like the look of those concave mesh wheels, but wouldn't want them in 20".

I can get you a set in 19's if you like. I will be honest going to the Eibach springs made way more of a difference in my ride quality than switching to the 19/20 setup. I love my set.

hightest

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andt, what's the weight of the concave mesh versus stock.
It looks like they are a three piece wheel versus a one piece forged.
Also, if they are a three piece; can the centres be done with a separate finish?
Thanks!

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Andt, what's the weight of the concave mesh versus stock.
It looks like they are a three piece wheel versus a one piece forged.
Also, if they are a three piece; can the centres be done with a separate finish?
Thanks!

Absolutely they are a 3 piece wheel, with hidden hardware. They will be heavier than stock but we won't know how much until my set is made in January. We are machining race pockets behind the spokes, as well as using titanium hardware to cut down on the weight.

We can do the centers, or lips any way you want when it comes to finishes.

I am trying to decide how to finish my wheels actually, I was on the phone with Ryan ( Absolute Hank ) tonight brainstorming:2tu:

hightest

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Andy!!
I think if you went black chrome for the centres, they would look awesome:2tu:

Speedy G

Viper Owner
Reaction score
im looking for these wheels, does anyone have any there selling?

Here are some of Steve's car:

Also, check out the "ultimate wheel thread" by using the SEARCH feature.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score