Looking for pics of installed big brake kits

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking or a few pics of big brake kits for gen 2's. Trying to compare the size difference between the 13" rotor and 14". Did a search (well, MANY actually!) but could not find what I was looking for! Really wanting to see as well what they look like on 20's.

Anyone have pics of their Dave Big Brakes, Stoptech, Eurotech, etc kits? Please post pics as well as info on what size of rotor/brand of kit you have.

Thanks!:hail:

Robert

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DBB SRT w/ 14" Euroteck & 20/19 iForged

You must be registered for see images

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dave...how long did it take you to get the spokes in the wheels to line up perfectly for this picture or do they always stand at attention for the law dogs? :dunno:

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not much noticeable difference for street driving but a huge improvement on the track. I can brake later and have never gotten any brake fade. Dave's kit also has SS brakelines and I am using high boiling point Motul 600 fluid. All that with the larger rotors and pad area is what makes the difference. The lack of noticeable difference on the street is probably due to the pads I am using since they are the Brakeman #3s and require some heat before becoming very effective. I just don't generate much heat on the street. Of course the bling factor is cool as well, especially with open wheels that show off the calipers and rotors.

Detlef - Looks nice! How do you like the feel now that you have used them for a while?

Motivated

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am very interested as well in seeing some completed installs, this is one of the spring projects i have in mind for the spring and some idea of how the kits look would be great.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Brembo 14" 4 piston lightweight brakes with roeracing lighweight rotors.

Since my 2001 GTS has ABS nor upgrades are requried for 20% braking required from the rears. I do have Ceramic EBC pads and Eradispeed lightweight drilled and slotted rotors though.

Using Stop-techs "brake"-in instructions the 10 stops from 100mph did cause all 4 rotors to turn an equally 'pretty' shade of BLUE. Car has exceptional/perfect brake balance. Tom has an excellent set of pages with graphs and other actual details of braking requirements that should be read before choosing any brake upgrades. Tom can also advise you on Proportioning valves, master cylinder sizes and part numbers if you don't have an ABS car. Older (>2000) Gen 1 and 2s do require the rear caliper pistons to be bored and enlarged pistons installed which Tom does.

Rear brakes.

Of course the Gen 3 4 piston calipers do look prettier and if you have too much money ...

Lightweight rotors have sharpened vanes for cooling and lighweight wheels also promote cooling of the brakes whereas the stock Gen 2 wheels block air to cool the brakes. Porsche air deflectors are recommended.

Ted

JayW1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 14" Stoptech rotors in the front with 19 inch wheels and 13" Stoptech rotors in the rear with 20" wheels. I will try to get some better pics as soon as it warms up here in Florida:mad:

FYI the 14" stoptech rotors weighed 18 lb for the front while the stock 13" front rotors were 22 lbs each. The 13" rear Stoptech rotors were 15 lbs and the stock rear rotors 15.5 lbs.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 14" Stoptech rotors in the front with 19 inch wheels and 13" Stoptech rotors in the rear with 20" wheels. I will try to get some better pics as soon as it warms up here in Florida:mad:

FYI the 14" stoptech rotors weighed 18 lb for the front while the stock 13" front rotors were 22 lbs each. The 13" rear Stoptech rotors were 15 lbs and the stock rear rotors 15.5 lbs.

You must be registered for see images attach

Slick! Thanks for all of the details too! :)

What do you think of the it? Does it stop better than the stock parts?

JayW1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Slick! Thanks for all of the details too! :)

What do you think of the it? Does it stop better than the stock parts?

There is no comparison. The stock system was down right scary and very dangerous in my opinion. It stops much quicker and there is no more fade with street driving using the Stoptechs. Not long after getting my car, I about ran off the road because I couldn't slow down for a sharp corner in time due to brake fade. Coming down from triple digit speeds and having unexpected brake fade is not fun. I love these brakes and combined with the PS2's I feel like I have an entirely different car.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no comparison. The stock system was down right scary and very dangerous in my opinion. It stops much quicker and there is no more fade with street driving using the Stoptechs. Not long after getting my car, I about ran off the road because I couldn't slow down for a sharp corner in time due to brake fade. Coming down from triple digit speeds and having unexpected brake fade is not fun. I love these brakes and combined with the PS2's I feel like I have an entirely different car.

what he said when it comes to the stock brakes! I realize the track environment is the 'extreme', but I could NOT stop my '01 on stock brakes after about 15 min on the track..nd I wasn't even running hard.

I put the GenIII calipers on the front, getting ready to do more.

I wish brakes had been the FIRST thing I spent $ on when I got this car.