Looking for Tires for 04

OhFourSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,
I bought my 04 about a year ago. I need to replace the tires. I live in St. Louis, MO and am looking for a shop that would carry tires for my ‘04.

When I look online, all I see are Continentals. This is my first car that needs Z rated tires. I want make certain I get what is best for my ride.

I appreciate any help.
Thanks.

TexasViper35

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What you want are Michelin Pilot Sports, Z rated and really amazing on this car. Don’t confuse Pilot Sports with Pilot “Cups”, which are basically race tires with only 5/16 of tread when new. But Covid shut down manufacturing last year and I don’t know if they are available yet. You’ll need to make lots of calls.

Continentals and Nittos are not all Z rated; sometimes the fronts are but not the rears and sometimes neither. But unless you plan on exceeding 170mph they will do. Only Nittos come in the sizes you need, the Continental rear tire is wider than OEM spec for your car. Pirell makes a set that are Z rated but both the front and rear sizes are wider, and they are way overpriced compared to Michelins and probably won’t last nearly as long.

Good luck! Tell us what you find.

Last edited:

TexasViper35

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is what I have now and I would prefer to get the same.
Do you think they will continue production of the sizes that I need?
Absolutely, they will be manufactured. Have Discount Tire call Michelin for you to get the current status of when they will be available, if they aren’t already available right now. I haven’t checked since a year ago.

Check on the Nittos too because if you absolutely can’t get Pilot Sports and you can’t wait then that’s the next option really. The Continentals would be next after that, but your rear tires will be 10mm wider; that sounds appealing to some but it’s just not for me.

Kermitmidthun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a helluva time finding tires for my 2004 SRT-10 No one seemed to stock them; Discount Tire did have tires but the Toyo R888R's only with a 2 week wait. Michelins were on a more miserable wait list. I bought the Toyos before realizing they are a track tire but what could I do? The original tires were 20 years old and hard. The Toyos are doing great if a little loud and it is much harder to break the tires loose.

TexasViper35

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a helluva time finding tires for my 2004 SRT-10 No one seemed to stock them; Discount Tire did have tires but the Toyo R888R's only with a 2 week wait. Michelins were on a more miserable wait list. I bought the Toyos before realizing they are a track tire but what could I do? The original tires were 20 years old and hard. The Toyos are doing great if a little loud and it is much harder to break the tires loose.
Discount Tire will take back the tires if you don’t like them. See if they can get Pilot Sport 4S for the front and Pilot Super Sports for the rear, in the correct size for your ‘04. That’s what I’m running. Bought the fronts a year ago and the rears a few weeks ago, not super long wait for either one, maybe 2-3 days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper