Looking for Viper Tech in Puget Sound area

foxcouture

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all. I'm looking for Viper Techs in the Seattle/Puget Sound area for engine rebuild and transmission rebuild. Thanks for the input.

Goggles Pizano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any tranny shop can do rebuild just ask if they do T56s. You can send it to Dom.

Engine you can send it to arrow or prefix. But any shop that rebuilds engine can do it if you are looking at staying stock. They are just standard push rod engines. Getting parts is the trick.

What happened you need rebuilds?

OP
OP
F

foxcouture

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any tranny shop can do rebuild just ask if they do T56s. You can send it to Dom.

Engine you can send it to arrow or prefix. But any shop that rebuilds engine can do it if you are looking at staying stock. They are just standard push rod engines. Getting parts is the trick.

What happened you need rebuilds?
What happened, nothing major yet. Everything is working and I can drive the car. But I can't shake this feeling in my gut that something is on the verge of failing. I'm having strong vibrations in any gear at about 2000rpm and at idle. The synchros in the 2nd and 3rd are rough, have to really make sure your firmly in 2nd or it spits it out. I did install an IPSCO short throw and replaced the little cup with a new brass one. I've replaced the harmonic balancer. It has a new fidanza flywheel, new LUK clutch and pressure plate. The work was done at local shop. Also its going through oil quite a bit. I bought it at 84k miles. I've put about 1k miles on it since my ownership. Had to add 2qts before driving the other day. I changed the oil when I bought it, I did not see anything terrible in the oil (metal or coolant); 2qts seems like a lot of oil to add. I don't know the history of how the car was driven. I'm thinking piston rings are worn out, maybe main bearings. Also, it's got some starting issues. When it's cold start, fires right up. After driving around and its warmed up, then go to start, crank over hangs, stops cranking over. Then I wait a bit. Have to try numerous times before it fires up. I've got a new starter, alternator, battery. All check out good. One thing I added was the pump primer modification that runs it for 6 secs. It did help with the cold start, fires right up. But once it's warmed up, it's difficult to start. So, I'm trying to get this Viper back to the best it can be. There's a few things to work out. I'm looking for trustworthy tech to help with some direction and experience instead of just throwing more thousands at it.

green_rt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello!

I used to live in the PNW, and your post makes me miss it.

Chase Race in Duvall, WA has a great reputation for sports and race cars. You might give them a call if you are local to them.

I have a 60k mile RT/10 that has needed some stuff. I know this worry well. Hang in there! You'll get it sorted.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang