Looking to buy well modded 98-02 GTS

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan Black Has an awesome DLM Supercharged car for sale. It was featured in Muscle Mustang and Fast Fords mustang as the Fastest true street car ever tested.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds awesome...know how I can contact him? Thanks.

contact doug levin at DLM. I spoke to dan and I beleive the car is there at Doug levin motorsports and is for sale. I have seen his car and it is beautiful
and FAST.....................Tel. #305-249-7223

Adam

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know of a pretty heavily modified blue/white 97. It has over $60k in work from Lingenfelter, and it's under $60k.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah, but I'll try to dig up his number. I drove it the other day and it is pretty darn fast! I has the Wilwood big brakes, Sparco seats, Kenisis 18" wheels...... Nice car!

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Looking to buy well modded 98-02

Nah, but I'll try to dig up his number. I drove it the other day and it is pretty darn fast! I has the Wilwood big brakes, Sparco seats, Kenisis 18" wheels...... Nice car!

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I know of a 2000 Steel grey ACR - headers, full exhaust, VEC1, harnesses, and extended warranty- low miles well maintained. Email me for details - it's a NICE car...

9secRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I assume you were looking to purchase John's blue and white GTS!!! You do realize this car was first done by HHMMSS motorsports back in the day when SW and others all were doing major business with him. I just heard recently that John took the heads off and sent them to LPE to be reworked. I dont believe you can call this car a LPE car with major mods.... Instead it is an HHMMSS car that had a top end job done to it but then the heads reworked.... Just some info to think about....

Mark H.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

9secRT - He built the whole motor this time. You're right though, it was done by them originally. He was the hot ticket for a long time. Lots of people have his parts floating around. What's so wrong with that? He told me the only things really left from them are the headers and the roll bar. Archer set up the suspension. You don't think it has major mods? It put down almost 550 at the rear wheels if my memory serves me correctly. That must be the smooth tubes!!! Are you jealous or something? I don't know that this is the honest truth, I'm just going by what I was told. I just caught a slight whiff of smartasss in your comment.
Oh, the car is not on the web site. Just call 21st Century and ask for John.

9secRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Let me explain something to you.... I know more about that car then you could have ever dreamed up. I have raced that car several times at many dragstrips and seen that thing around multiple road courses. Don't even start to tell me what little bit of information you think you have. I know John Page very well and know all about his car. Him and I had this on going race to see who could put their car in the 9's first with NOS and we know who won that battle. As a matter of fact I was just on the phone with him 2 days ago seeing if he could do a big stroker on my GTS for me. I was just putting a little more info on the table than the little sales pitch you threw out of $60k plus in mods and were claiming them to be all from LPE. I think not.....

Thanks,
Mark

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BIG CARROT,LET ME GIVE YOU SOME FREE ADVICE.WALK AWAY FROM THIS WHILE YOU CAN.IT WILL ONLY GET UGLIER............LOL!NORM KOERNER-CAR GUY

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Let me explain something to you.... I know more about that car then you could have ever dreamed up. I have raced that car several times at many dragstrips and seen that thing around multiple road courses. Don't even start to tell me what little bit of information you think you have. I know John Page very well and know all about his car. Him and I had this on going race to see who could put their car in the 9's first with NOS and we know who won that battle. As a matter of fact I was just on the phone with him 2 days ago seeing if he could do a big stroker on my GTS for me. I was just putting a little more info on the table than the little sales pitch you threw out of $60k plus in mods and were claiming them to be all from LPE. I think not.....

Thanks,
Mark
You're such a cool guy! I'm sooo impressed that you've raced the car, blah blah blah! WHO CARES??? If you and John are such good buddies, why would you come on here and seemingly try to talk someone out of buying the car by throwing around the H ennessey thing? John told me it's been completely redone, NEW heads, fresh block. That's what I'm going by. Aren't the motor and the roll bar the things that H M S did? Great, the motor has been replaced! So it has a roll bar that he did. Big deal! This is a stupid argument. I could care less! I quit.

9secRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Quitting is probably the best thing you could do at this point. Let me be a little more clear on a few items. I am not trying to talk anyone out of buying anything. I was just correcting your statement of the $60K in mods by LPE statement you made. It seemed to me you were misrepresenting the car in which you were. Maybe you should get your information straight before you go spouting off your mouth.

Thanks,
Mark H

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"Quitting is probably the best thing you could do at this point."
You see, that statement really irritates me. I don't know who in the hell you are, but I can tell that you think you're pretty cool. Ohhhh, you must be in the Mafia or something. I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight. Let me rephrase my original statement.

This car has over $60k in mods. A large portion of those mods were done by Lingenfelter.

There! Are you comfortable with that?

9secRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am not trying to irritate you nor do I think I am cool as you are stating. I just don't see how anyone could come up with the $60K in mods. If this car has a full blown big motor from LPE that would cost $38.5K which I know is not the case. I will end it with this. I just think someone was trying to "pull the wool over your eyes" or you "misunderstood" what they were telling you but for what it's worth I think you should buy the car....

Thanks,
Mark H.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

John gave me a list of mods on the car. It totaled over $60k. You've got to remember.... wheels, brakes, suspension, roll bar, headers, exhaust, throttle bodies, racing seats, extrude honed intake, etc. All of the little things add up. They add up rather quickly. I'm sure John didn't pay retail for any of this stuff, but for the average guy, it would cost over $60k for the items on the car. Do you agree? I'm not buying the car, but I considered it. I'm going with one that's a little newer. I was just giving the guy a lead on a modified car. That's what he asked for. I guess John can sort out what is and isn't on his 97. Although I would imagine we've probably done a pretty good job of spooking him on this particular car.