looking to buy

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm new!
I dont have a viper but i'm looking to buy one. Never driven one but i have a 91' mustang gt that runs a 10.38@133mph so i'm familiar with power and i've been racing for about 7 years now. Although i'm only 23 and not a high roller like most of you LOL i'm looking to spend no more than 50k because i think thats all the bank will give me LOL if that! Were your vipers everything you expected them to be? any dissappointments with them. I want to buy a rt/10 w/stripes anyone know where i can find one preferably black w/white or silver stripes or blue w/white stripes. Do they even make blue n white rt/10's? Anyway do you all have any tips or know of any good places to purchase a viper for a reasonable price. Thanks
Jimmy

Reaction score
Viper Purchase history:
96 RT Red(MacViper) Sold Great Car
97 B/W Sold Great Car
98 GT2 Great Car
99 ACR Great Car
03 SRT10 Fantastic Car
05 Viper powered Ram Quad CAB Great Truck

There is nothing like a Viper. Fire up those 10 Gig Holes and the Smile gets wide and stays wide until the end of the day.

steel snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a recent owner of 6 months. A stock Viper will give you close to what you're used to. There's nothing like a Viper (Gen I,II) and every time you drive one it's an event. They handle differently and you have to get aquainted but they're unique. The B/W RT's are very rare and $$$$ but you can easily get into an RT for 50K. Do your homework (starting with this site) and shop the internet. Good luck.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Blue/white stripes ONLY available in '97 and ONLY about 45 on the road!

Black/Silver stipes ONLY available in '96 (note: plexi slider windows...not real power windows)

Stripes normally NOT available on RT/10's except aftermarket.

Basic info:

RT/10 available '92-'95 with side exhaust and "jeep style" canvas side curtains and top

RT/10 available '96 with rear exhaust and almost "jeep style" plexiglass slider canvas side window"

RT/10 starting in '97 was GEN2 motor (450HP), REAL power windows, etc.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought mine a week ago. You won't regret it that's for sure! I dream of going home just to see it.

Check out the registry information on this website. It will tell you all the information you need to find the right year for you. Also, check out the Viper Buying Guide (also available on this website, I think). It will tell you what to look for and which cars are more rare than others. With $50K you should be able to find a very nice GenI/II. Also, contact the VCA President in your area. They should be able to help.

Rocketman66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are interested... I have a MINT 1996 RT/10 White with blue stripes. 15,000 original miles. (This car gets lots of attention) Best is, it is still under a bumper to bumper Dodge factory warranty up to 2008 or 120,000 miles. All original (except CD player, but have original). Comes with hardtop and front bra. I would be happy to deliver, if we negotiate the right price in US or Canadian dollars. (The car is Registered in Canada, and I am located 60 miles from the US border. I don't think would be a problem registering it in the USA). Let me know. Rocky (email: [email protected])