Lost power?

Luvgoinfast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys I just got to dyno my Viper not to long ago for the second time. This was after I put on the Belanger system and changed the filters. I was expecting to see at least a 10-15 gain but once we finished I lost 3 or 4 HP and gained 6 TQ. Is this normal or do I have something bad wrong here? It did have a leak but I didn't think it would hurt it that much. Needless to say I was pretty upset after spending that much on exhaust to lose power. I keep hearing people gaining 30-40 hp with just exhaust it seems like on here and other varies sites so I was just wondering. Any help would be appreciated.

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
You may need to re-tune to realize the improvement, or something about your combination isn't right.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id say retune..

My friend put headers on his cammed C6Z06 and only picked up 15 rwhp AFTER the tune...

Gen 3 typically only pick up 7-10 rwhp with those headers...get a retune and let the car sit on the dyno and kool for your final dyno run after tuneing and you'll get your number

OP
OP
L

Luvgoinfast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a Gen III. I plan on getting a H/C/I package soon and was looking to get a Vec3 for tuning. So if I tune the car with it I should see the number gain I was looking for? Sorry for the questions I just want to make sure nothing is wrong with my car lol.

OP
OP
L

Luvgoinfast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paxton plus Gen 3= 680 to 700 rwhp if you want big power with a bolt on

I know I just want something different everyone that seems to be the route most people choose. If I wanted to be like everyone else I would of got a Vette lol. I don't need a ton more power for now I would just like a H/C/I then work on wheels and some Motons.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys I just got to dyno my Viper not to long ago for the second time. This was after I put on the Belanger system and changed the filters. I was expecting to see at least a 10-15 gain but once we finished I lost 3 or 4 HP and gained 6 TQ. Is this normal or do I have something bad wrong here? It did have a leak but I didn't think it would hurt it that much. Needless to say I was pretty upset after spending that much on exhaust to lose power. I keep hearing people gaining 30-40 hp with just exhaust it seems like on here and other varies sites so I was just wondering. Any help would be appreciated.

Are you sure there is not another problem like bad/shorted O2 sensor or some other sensor that got knocked loose or damaged during the headers install and or filter change? Maybe the air hose breather to the manifold got unhooked, etc.

You should not have lost power IMO.

Did you do the install or have it done for you? Have you plugged into the OBDII port with a code reader and see if anything is stored?

Good luck,
George

cheon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a gen 3 and i did the arh long tubes and corsa track with a sct tune and i was dissapointed with the out come. i put down 432.1hp 460tq on a dyno dynamics dyno. and ppl clam to make 500 wheels with that setup.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boostedtaco