Love it or Leave it?

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this..........she was a beauty!

Vegas_056.JPG

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since my Viper has never been over 2500 rpm I would not know this :lmao:

Of course, there's always the slim possibility that what I wrote about how I drive my Viper is total crap!:omg::omg::omg:;););)

This is the annoying Skip shift feature when you shift at low rpm out of first gear only, and forces it into fourth. Rev it a bit more in first and it will go to second.
This is Chrysler's solution to get better mpg certification when testing for the city cycle.
Some vendors sell a skip shift eliminator to get rid of this.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never regretted the things I hae done in my life, but have regretted not doing certain things. If you don't drive it like you stole it, just once, you will always regret it.:drive:

OP
OP
J

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the picture!! Both the Blue and Yellow in that picture are mine. At least I still get to keep the 94. And for those of you that think its bs about me keeping the car in low RPMs just ask anyone in the Nevada region. our cars are very well kept and babied. The only spirited driving the car has ever seen was at VOI 10 at the proving grounds and that was just a little tire chirping. But I think I might take the advice to drive it at the event next weekend just nothing crazy.

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!! Have some fun before you have to sell it.

Sorry for your situation. Good luck on your job search!

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is the annoying Skip shift feature when you shift at low rpm out of first gear only, and forces it into fourth. Rev it a bit more in first and it will go to second.
This is Chrysler's solution to get better mpg certification when testing for the city cycle.

Maybe he didn't see the laughing guys at the end of the post........:dunno:

OP
OP
J

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a Skip shift eliminator form partsrack and a short shift knob from mgw... those are the only mods on the car.

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everytime I shift from 1->2 there is a yellow light on and it forces me into 4th...why is this? :lmao::lmao::rolaugh::rolaugh::dunno:

Huh? :chairfall: