Love it or Leave it?

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So it looks like after saving for more than 3 years and thinking or dreaming about nothing else to get my 08 coupe may have been for nothing. I am going to have to sell it:( The last event I will be taking it to before listing it is the Mopar at the Strip/ Western Zone Rendezvous.

So the Question is..... Do I drive it like I stole it and enjoy the Heck out of it, or drive Miss Daisy as usual for the sake of the next owner??

I have never even had the car in its real power range. I have kept it between 1200-3000 rpms except for a few spirited freeway runs two or three times letting it go into the 4k range.

HensleySRT-10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am very sorry to hear about the misfortune.:( I don't really know what I'd do in your situation. On one hand you could really open it up and have a few remaining hours of fun. On the other hand, you could be considerate to the next owner and drive it easy. To h*** with it. Enjoy the car what little time you have it!!! It's been your dream and I think you'll always regret it if you don't enjoy the car while you have it. Besides, every potential buyer of a used Viper knows that the previous owner has had some fun in it anyway.:headbang: Hopefully something will happen between now and then and you won't have to sell your dream.

Just my 2 cents.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a car designed to be driven like a bat outta hell, whats the problem:confused:?? Seriously drive the sh** out of her its the way she likes it:2tu:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear dude! Atleast you'll still have the Gen 1 :) I say drive it like its a rental. Hard enough to enjoy, but not so hard you wrap it around a tree. That would seriously reduce the amount of $$ you can ask for it :)

v10nut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Vipers are built tough,it can take it. If I had saved for three years it would not leave my hands without having some serious fun in it first. You dont have to beat the crap out of it, but nail that red line a few times. All that money you will lose on the sale has to be worth a little fun!

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear dude! Atleast you'll still have the Gen 1 :) I say drive it like its a rental. Hard enough to enjoy, but not so hard you wrap it around a tree. That would seriously reduce the amount of $$ you can ask for it :)

Well, you never know - insurance value might just be higher than resale value. Forget I even said that...

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
.....The last event I will be taking it to before listing it is the Mopar at the Strip/ Western Zone Rendezvous.

So the Question is..... Do I drive it like I stole it and enjoy the Heck out of it, or drive Miss Daisy as usual for the sake of the next owner?? I have never even had the car in its real power range. I have kept it between 1200-3000 rpms except for a few spirited freeway runs two or three times letting it go into the 4k range.....

I think you should hammer the 2 x 2008s that DODGE IS LOANING the WZR, and baby yours! Put a small, tasteful "RELUCTANTLY FOR SALE" sign in the rear window, and be seen driving it like Mr. Daisy. Otherwise, this very THREAD could come back to bite you!

That said, a leisurely track event and drag race should NOT quash a serious sale...you ain't racin' !

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a future owner I say keep it in your garage and baby it.

Nope, go out and enjoy it, you saved for it and have never put it in its power range? why did you buy it? Go out and have fun, reving it up to the redline is what I would expect a used car to of been through, thats what they build these awesome cars for. just keep it in control so that if you do really have to sell it you can.

Very sorry to hear that.

By the time I am ready to buy will be right around 3 years also.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Agree with wastntim...especially since I know a guy looking for a 2008 blue coupe in PERFECT condition !!!

OP
OP
J

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have always been very careful with my cars, for anyone that has seen my 94 can verify.... it looks better than new. I always intended to have my 94, the 08 and a certain 96 b/w if had my eye on for years thats been just as babied, I was planning on getting a heavily used gen 2 for track use. I even had a wanted post on this site and have been watching and waiting for just the right car. But now I guess those plans will be set back a bit.

I could just never bring myself to play hard with my bought new cars. Now some of the used cars I have had in the past:drive::D I can tell you very well just what the limits of a BMW 750il are;) or the speed that a Mazda 3 will lose control (130ish):headbang:

I always said "buy it once, buy it right" I don't like to buy things with short term intentions. I buy almost everything for the long term, so I take care of them for long term enjoyment. But now I am not sure that I got the enjoyment I should have from this car. THough I do love it, and it has been an incredible joy just to see it in the garage and take it to car events and see the looks on others faces. As Jon B. could tell you, I had plans for this car, I just didn't rush into things. Now its too late.:(

So for any of you that wonder if you should change your gears or upgrade exhaust or s/c your car..... DO IT!! You never know when life will throw you a curve ball and seriously screw with your plans.

OP
OP
J

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread ain't helping your resale value much, and it wasnt' good to begin with.

I always agreed with that thought but I spent years living cheep and holding off on spend money for anything I didn't have to so I could get this car... now what?? You feel differently when its you. And I am not talking about trashing the car, just maybe a few runs on the 1/4 mile and a few laps on a easy road course. Besides the resale value of any car is down the drain right now. If I have to sell my car its not a matter of how much I can get for it so much as not having to make the payments.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to be on the safe side, I would baby it because you want the most out of it on resale. In the end, driving the hell out of it is not going to prove anything, except you will find yourself taking your frustrations out on the car. If you take care of all your possessions anyway, you will not like yourself for it in the end.

IMHO

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure you probably evaluated options already, but just in case you overlooked something, you sure you really have to sell it? I know of people who have gone to their bank and renegotiated loan terms, sold other stuff to keep up the payments until other things fall into place, got personal loans from friends until times were better, took out a second job to temporarily make ends meet, etc. I don't know anything about your particular situation, but one thing that seems universal is that when something bad happens, the first reaction is to panic. It's hard to make a good decision when you're not thinking completely objectively.

OP
OP
J

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think like you Martin. I have been holding off for 2 months of little to no work and only have enough bank roll for another month or two and I am trying to sell other things first if anyone is interested in a Yamaha c-3 Grand Piano, or a "Always Faithful" WWII war dogs doberman statue I would be happy to sell them. Thew banks won't even think about helping in any way unless you are at least 3 payments behind as they told me, and its hard to get a new loan when you don't have the income needed to satisfy the payments. And if anyone knows of a job I can get right now I am all ears.

For those of you that have sent *** I will say that the car is GTS Blue no stripes, H wheels, no Nav, 2439miles all stock. But I am holding out for a miracle before I officially list it for sale.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So it looks like after saving for more than 3 years and thinking or dreaming about nothing else to get my 08 coupe may have been for nothing. I am going to have to sell it:( The last event I will be taking it to before listing it is the Mopar at the Strip/ Western Zone Rendezvous.

So the Question is..... Do I drive it like I stole it and enjoy the Heck out of it, or drive Miss Daisy as usual for the sake of the next owner??

I have never even had the car in its real power range. I have kept it between 1200-3000 rpms except for a few spirited freeway runs two or three times letting it go into the 4k range.

Sorry to hear things have gotten so bad. That said, have a blast with the car while you still have it.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Might as well drive it like you stole it! No one is going to believe that you babied it anyway and with the low mileage - wont even notice if a little less rubber is there afterwards.:D

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So for any of you that wonder if you should change your gears or upgrade exhaust or s/c your car..... DO IT!! You never know when life will throw you a curve ball and seriously screw with your plans.

:2tu: this is really good advice for people like you, (and me, i.e., savers), but can ruin spenders. i wish i had that perspective and had purchased the rest of my exhaust, gear, etc. last year....

Godspeed on the sale and the job front :)

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO:
Step 1 - buy Gap insurance
Step 2 - post the car for sale with photos and a carefully written VCA add stating how "I'm now having to sell...victim of the economy" & how you are spending $300-500 on detailing and putting the car in the garage under the cover, cover included in sale.
Step 3 - Go enjoy it as if it were the "last time" with a girlfriend in high school before a break-up.
Step 4 - Actually apply the $300-500 worth of detailing you advertised.
Step 4.5 - Ensure all traces of step 3 are removed from rear wheel wells.
Step 5 - Take steps 3 to your grave.

After all you have a Gen 2 to have "fun" with.;) & it's still under warranty!

BTW:
If I ever have sell my ACR - for the record, it has never been over 2500 RPM and the rear tires have never experienced slippage.:lmao:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Jeffrey and Robert, whatever you decide, I wish you the best!!

I have already forwarded the info to the friend who is looking for a bright blue 2008 coupe.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't drive it any differently than I have in the past.

As for resale value, not much is moving right now anyway. I don't think a couple thousand miles is gonna make much difference.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dont be a dummy,use some common sense-treat it like u would want it if u owned it again.:nono:

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everytime I shift from 1->2 there is a yellow light on and it forces me into 4th...why is this? :lmao::lmao::rolaugh::rolaugh::dunno:

This is the annoying Skip shift feature when you shift at low rpm out of first gear only, and forces it into fourth. Rev it a bit more in first and it will go to second.
This is Chrysler's solution to get better mpg certification when testing for the city cycle.
Some vendors sell a skip shift eliminator to get rid of this.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456