Lower car for 1 inch

Dion Fisher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally went with the Eibach Pro Kit 1" lower springs and kept my stock Konis, I am very impressed with the ride, turn in and added stability.. In fact the ride is so much different it took a little getting used to but it works much, much better than stock, the gap between the tires and fenderwells is noticably reduced..The car looks almost slammed but not to the point of being a scraper.. This kit is available for $275 from the tirerack.com or you can buy it from your local performance shop..

-Word to the wise- many shops will not install your springs unless you buy them from their store which leaves you looking for a willing mech. or doing the swap yourself ((I chose the latter))

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it safe to assume you need to realign the car after changing springs to drop the car? If so, that will about double the cost of lowering the car (unless you align it yourself, which I wouldn't).
I have considered doing this to my 94, but always worried about al the other potential "problems" - bottoming out on speedbumps, more scraping under the front, potential side sill scraping, etc.
Thanks for any info!
Mark

OP
OP
D

Dion Fisher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're right Mark you do need to get the design height/ride height reset 1"lower at the time you realign the car.. I had it done at Les Schwab for $130 out the door :)You'll need to bring
a service manual and have an idea what it means, because the average schmo has no idea what you're talking about.

OP
OP
D

Dion Fisher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Mark, my car is a '96GTS and it rides BEAUTIFUL!! I know it's hard to believe it was hard for me to believe to but the ride is suprisingly comfortable I actually prefer it to stock by a longshot.. As for scraping nada, hasn't happened and I have been over many speedbumps and steep lot entrances/exits. Weird I know,
I was hesitant at first too but now I can tell you from my personal experience if you've learned how to keep from scraping stock you won't scrape lowered 1" either..

OP
OP
D

Dion Fisher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Mark, there's only one set available but from my UNEDUCATED standpoint it's much easier to know i've chosen the right set for my car that way..

To clarify the earlier post on the ride though, I should state the stiffness is comparable to stock plus maybe 10%..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog