Lowering an ACR. Have ???.

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just picked up a 99 acr. While I'm waiting for it to be shipped I'm purchasing some performance mods before it gets here. My question is about the ACR adjustable coilovers. Can I use them to lower the car? If so by how much?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tes, but you will need to re-set the toe on alighnment after

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's something else to consider. At least on my car with the car at a stock height, if I loosen the jam nuts to back the spring off, the spring is loose on the shock. That's really not a good thing, and I suppose it can be cured by playing with spring rates and spring length, etc. The stock ACR springs are made by Hyperco.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice. How much of a drop can i get out adjusting the suspension?

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can I get about a 2" drop out of this set? Will changing springs help?

leskimo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Haha if you ever get rid of the stock coilovers let me know. I have been looking for a set for a while to put on my 99 ACR!

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A 2 inch drop will require changing the springs and caps. Give Todd a call at A&C Performance. Todd has done a few Gen-2 ACR drops.

Spoke with Todd. Great guy. We spent about an hour on the phone and pretty sure he talked me in to the RSI TT system after I told him a was looking for a Paxton or roe blower LOL. He was very helpful! Thanks for the referral.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On behalf of your car I cringed. 2" drop = significant chance of damage. :nono:

I disagree, I spent 5 years with a 2"-2.25" drop on my old gts on 20"HRE's. Only damage i suffered was the front lower bumper. Check out the pick. This thing was dumped!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

ACPERFORMANCE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anton,

Good talking with you. Ill help you get the ride height and look you want and also the power. I enjoy talkin to good people.

Todd

jeff.uhl

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Todd, what is your number? I would also like to lower a 2002 ACR. Thanks

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow way to bring this thread back from the past LOL Miss my white GTS! You can google AC Performance Jeff and get Todds number off of that. Good luck!