Lowering Mod ?

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have it in the plans just not sure how far down it is, but I want to lower my RT/10 about 1 1/2 - 2 inches. I wanna say that I've seen someone on here post a thread about lowering one with just some Eibach springs... Can anyone explain some options and brief prices for such a mod...:dunno:

:usa:

0209 CLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eibach springs with thinner spring caps should do the job at a reasonable price compared to a full coilover setup but that also depends if your just going for looks or performance?

OP
OP
R

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess I should have specified that earlier... I'm not looking to drastically improve performance, however I do not want to lose what performance I do have on a stock suspension set up. All in all I am going for the look without sacrificing existing stability and control.

:usa:

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eibach's are an easy swap. Maybe 2 hours. You must get alignment checked after.
Eibachs will drop it about 1,5". Believe me, you propably do not want to use the thinner caps to get more drop. I've had mine lowred for 5 years with Eibachs, I do Pocono's, Dragstrips etc. Handling is a bit stiffer. I love the looks, go for it!:2tu:

Eibachs are about 200-300 bucks, depending where you buy them.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is lowered on Eibachs. Just be mindful that you are going to scrape all the time after lowering. I have 2 places in the public road leading out of my neighborhood that I scrape if I don't hit them just right.:rolleyes:

Looks much better though. :2tu:

DCP_11111.jpg

0209 CLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been looking for Eibach springs for my 94 RT/10 and for some reason it keeps on showing for 96-UP GTS or RT/10. What are the differences from these years in suspension and in RT/10's and the GTS? And up to what year suspension's be compatible for my car?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreatWhiteKAC