Lurking in my Parents Garage.....

NVMYVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just happened to be nosing around my parents garage in mid May and look what I found. Turns out it belonged to my sisters. Mine now of course but I thought I would share.

Attachments

• ViperPoster.jpg
    ViperPoster.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 135

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you load a larger pic? It looks like a thumbnail pic right now. Appears to be a nice find but can't read the text. I'm assuming it's 20 years old. :2tu:

OP
OP
N

NVMYVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will attempt to get a better pic. It is a poster from the TV show. My sisters said they brought a car from the show to her HS and were giving away posters. She can't remember the exact year but definitely old.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viper_(TV_series)

Viper is an action-adventure TV series about a special task force set up by the federal government to fight crime in the fictional city of Metro City, California that is perpetually under siege from one crime wave after another. The weapon used by this task force is an assault vehicle that masquerades as a Dodge Viper RT/10 roadster and coupe (later, the Viper GTS replaced the RT/10). The series takes place in "the near future". The primary brand of vehicles driven in the show were Chrysler or subsidiary companies.

The Viper Defender "star car" was designed by Chrysler Corporation engineers (unlike most Hollywood Film/TV cars that are usually customized by film picture designers like George Barris). The exterior design of the car was produced by Chrysler stylist Steve Ferrerio.
The series originally aired on NBC during the 1993-1994 season, debuting on January 2, 1994 with a two hour pilot movie. After falling ratings, the series was canceled in April 1994.

The music composed for the pilot and opening theme for Season 1 was composed by Eddie Jobson. Jay Ferguson took over the composing for the rest of the seasons as well as composing a remixed theme of the original Season 1 opening and composed the brand new Season 4 Opening Theme from it.

The Dodge Viper RT/10 Roadsters used in Seasons 1–3 were actually not production models. Instead, Chrysler supplied various left-over engineering mules and prototypes of the Viper (still visually the same). Many other cars in Season 1 were left-over prototypes as well. For example, in the pilot movie, the Eagle Premier sedans with yellow vinyl stripes were drivetrain engineering mules for the LH cars (Dodge Intrepid/Chrysler Concorde).

The special effect "hex snake skin" transformation for the pilot and the first season were done by Metrolight Studios. Tim Claycomb & Tim Eilers took over the transformation sequence after the first season. Sources indicate that it cost $50,000 for each "hex snake skin" transformation scene in the NBC season.

I need to see if I can get a copy of the season one!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21